Chapter 89: Eva's cries

The boys sneered in unison, their eyes narrowing in contempt as they looked at Gray Diamond, "You're boring," they spat, their voices dripping with disdain. Gray Diamond's eyes flickered for a moment, but he remained stoic.

The boys continued to jeer at him, mocking his lack of power. "Let's show you a real explosion!" they yelled, their hands moving in unison. A low hum filled the air, growing louder and more intense with each passing moment. And then, with a sudden burst of energy, a brilliant rainbow light erupted from thin air. It was a sight to behold, a dazzling explosion that engulfed the entire galaxy in a massive explosion that surpassed Gray Diamond's former explosion.

When the blast finally subsided, smoke could be seen rising from Gray Diamond's charred form as he collapsed to the ground, his energy drained. The boys cackled in triumph, their laughter echoing through the ruins of the solar system.

"He couldn't even take one blast from us!" they taunted, their voices laced with mockery. "He's quite pathetic as the Gray Diamond of knowledge!!" they laughed, their voices taunting and cruel. "I can't believe he's the one who killed our subordinates, hahaha."

Eva's heart pounded with fury as she watched the boys' cruel attack on Gray Diamond, but she could do nothing but helplessly watch, "You're wrong! Father is powerful!! It's because he lost his powers. You bastards, this is an unfair fight!" Eva cried as she pounded on the walls of the gray ball that trapped her, but her voice couldn't be heard outside of the ball. So, her words fell on deaf ears.

The boys were too focused on their goal, too eager to quickly finish their job. With a chilling efficiency, one of them seized Gray Diamond by the head, while the other brandished a wickedly sharp blade and raised it high. Their intent was clear—delivering the final blow.

Eva screamed, her voice muffled by the walls of the ball as the blade came down with a sickening thud. The cruel act was executed swiftly and mercilessly. Gray Diamond's head was wrenched from his body, severed by the blade in a sickening display of violence. The detached head tumbled across the ground, coming to a lifeless stop. Simultaneously, the fragmented remains of his body shattered into a million pieces, leaving nothing but broken shards of crystals and debris in their wake.

Time seemed to slow as Eva helplessly watched the horrifying spectacle unfold before her. Her heart pounded in her chest, her voice choked with desperation. "No! Father!!" she screamed, her words suffocated by the confines of her prison.

Eva's world collapsed around her. Her father, her protector, her only family - gone in an instant. Tears streamed down her face as she continued to scream his name, her voice echoing through the ball. Tears streamed down her face, her heart aching with grief and fury. The loss of her father, her only hope, fueled her anguish. She was now consumed by an unquenchable thirst for vengeance, a flame burning fiercely within her as she glared at the giant, Regal boys.

The boys, reveling in their sadistic delight, giggled in perfect synchrony.

"Huh? He doesn't have a gem?" The first boy pouted.

"Huh? No gem? What a letdown," the second boy grumbled, his disappointment evident.

"Those that means he was a fake?" the first boy questioned, a mix of confusion and skepticism on his face.

"Seems like it. I've heard stories about the Gray Diamond, how he could spot an enemy's weakness and exploit it to secure victory. But he didn't pull off anything like that. Looks like we've been dealing with a pretender," the second boy declared, his tone laced with certainty.

"Damn, we better inform the main heavens about this. They can't keep feeding us bogus intel, and giving us false reports," the first boy asserted, his determination clear. With a swift motion, they took to the sky, disappearing into the depths of space.

With a thunderous boom, the gray ball surrounding Eva shattered, and she immediately flew towards Gray Diamond's lifeless form. She landed with a thud and rose slowly to her feet, tears streaming down her face like a river of sorrow. As she approached him, she cradled his shattered hand, the jagged pieces digging into her skin, and let out a heart-wrenching wail.

"Father you can't die!! You promised me!!" Her voice shook as she slammed her fists into the ground, her eyes blazing with an unbridled rage. She gazed upon Gray Diamond's lifeless body, refusing to accept the harsh reality before her.

"Father, you can't leave me like this! You promised me that you'd always be there!" Eva bellowed into the sky, her words punctuated by sobs.

As tears streamed down her face, her mind was consumed by the memories of a time long gone. A time when she was just a little girl, broken and battered, clinging to life by a thread. It was Gray Diamond who had found her, his eyes filled with a darkness that seemed to penetrate her very soul. She was nothing but a broken shell, her hands, and legs brutally torn off, her body marked with scars that would never heal, and she was going to die.

But Gray Diamond, with his immense power, had seen something in her that others had not. He had taken her into his care, his skillful hands rebuilding her entire body with mechanical precision, transforming her into a cyborg. From that day on, he had become her father, her mentor, her savior. He taught her how to survive in a world that had forsaken her, how to harness her powers and use them to protect herself, and they played around with each other from time to time.

Once they were sitting in a garden with Gray Diamond. She remembered the warmth of his hand on hers, the gentle lilt of his voice, and the comfort of his presence.

"Father, please don't ever leave me alone, one day," young Eva begged with beady eyes as she looked up at Gray.

Gray Diamond had smiled at her, a look of tenderness in his eyes. "Don't worry, Eva, I would never leave you alone. Remember, I'm a god, so I can't die," Gray stated with a broad grin and patted Eva on the head with his finger.

But now, those words felt like a cruel joke, a hollow promise that had been snatched away by the merciless hands of fate. Eva's heart was heavy with grief, and she could feel a dark, brooding anger building within her.

"Father, you're a liar!" Eva's voice quivered with a mixture of anger and pain, her words laced with a raw emotional intensity. Tears streamed down her face as she clutched the shattered remnants of Gray Diamond's body in her trembling hands. But then, in a cruel twist, his form began to disintegrate before her very eyes.

"No, please! Don't take away the last trace of my father!" Eva's anguished plea echoed through the air as she desperately reached out to salvage any fragments she could. But her efforts were in vain, for everything crumbled to dust, slipping through her fingertips like sand.

"No! Please stop it!" she pleaded, desperately trying to grasp onto something, anything, of his essence. But it was too late; all that remained was a fine gray dust that danced on the wind.

The life drained from Eva's eyes as despair consumed her. Her heart was heavy with grief and despair as she slowly rose to her feet, her eyes filled with tears. The weight of her loss crushed her spirit. Eva's She felt as though a part of her had been ripped away, leaving her hollow and empty inside.

But amidst the shadows, a glimmer caught her attention. Eva walked up to it, her steps hesitant, Eva approached the mysterious shimmering object. As she drew closer, she discovered a tiny book and a small clock lying on the ground, emanating an eerie gray glow. Something about them felt strangely significant, beckoning her curiosity.

With a mix of trepidation and determination, Eva picked up the book. Almost instantly, it seemed to disappear and merge with her consciousness, its contents flooding her mind with a surge of knowledge and secrets. At the same time, the small clock transformed into a swirling gray light, piercing into her eyes and merging with her being.

Once it was over, Eva touched her bleeding eyes, and it revealed a gold clock in them as they ticked continuously.

"Father, I vow here and now, that I would avenge your death, no matter what it takes. The ones responsible for this brutal act would pay the ultimate price, and I would make sure of it!" Her determination burned like a fire within her, fueling her desire for revenge.