Chap 6: Bastard Kent

However, instead of joining in her joyous celebration, the heroes met her proclamation with piercing glares and stony silence. Confusion and disappointment etched themselves onto their faces. They were the chosen Heroes, destined to confront and slay the Demon King. Yet here stood Aurianna, the Saintess whose role was merely to support, claiming victory over the very nemesis they had trained a year to defeat. It seemed inconceivable, an affront to their expectations and the foundations of their mission.

As the weight of their disapproving stares settled upon her, Aurianna's smile faded, the realization of their thoughts slowly seeping in. Doubt crept into her mind, casting a shadow over her recent achievement. Had she truly failed to meet their expectations? Did they perceive her as incapable and unworthy of the title she held?

"Who would actually believe a weak Saintess like you could defeat the Demon King? As of now I, Kent the noble hero defeated the Demon King. No one would believe you over me since you're so useless," Kent's outburst reverberated through the room, his words dripping with disdain and disbelief. Aurianna stood there, stunned by the venom in his voice and the intensity of his glare. It was a stark departure from the camaraderie they had shared before. His sudden change in attitude shook her to the core.

Summoning her courage, Aurianna refused to let Kent's words go unchallenged. "I'm not useless," she retorted, her voice laced with determination. "Remember how many times I aided you, healing your wounds when death loomed near? Surely that counts for something."

Kent's grin widened, his response dripping with smugness. "So what? That was your choice," he sneered, the dismissive tone cutting through Aurianna's defenses. She clenched her teeth, struggling to comprehend the betrayal she sensed from her supposed allies. Weren't they supposed to be grateful for her lifesaving interventions? Why did it feel like they wanted to cast her aside?

Before the tension could escalate further, Derek, the voice of reason, intervened. "Guys, I hate to interrupt this argument, but let's not forget that we're still in the heart of the Demon King's castle," he interjected, his gaze shifting between Aurianna and Kent. His words carried a sense of urgency, reminding them of the imminent danger that surrounded them.

Aurianna took a deep breath, her focus shifting from the conflict at hand to the greater peril that awaited them. Despite the hurtful words and the fracture in their unity, they couldn't afford to lose sight of their objective. They were still amidst the enemy's stronghold, and their lives remained in jeopardy.

They stood in close proximity, the tension palpable between them. Aurianna's cheeks flushed with a mix of anger and frustration, her beautiful face betraying the intensity of her emotions. Her fists clenched tightly as she ground her teeth, struggling to maintain composure. On the other hand, Kent appeared nonchalant, sporting a half-smirk that bordered on cruelty. It was evident that he derived pleasure from provoking Aurianna and eliciting a reaction from her.

Derek's words resonated with Cindy, who nervously chimed in, her eyes darting between Aurianna and Kent. "Yes, we must remain cautious. The demons may still seek vengeance," she cautioned, a hint of anxiety lacing her voice.

With their safety in mind, they decided to leave the confines of the castle, unwilling to face any further onslaught from vengeful demons seeking retribution for their fallen leader. Together, Aurianna, Kent, Cindy, and Derek ventured forth, putting distance between themselves and the Demon King's stronghold. Despite the desire to return to Sandeph, the toll of the battle had taken its toll on each of them, leaving them exhausted. They agreed to set up camp for the night, planning to make the journey back to the Kingdom on the following day.

Who Says All Saints Need To Be Good?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara