Chapter 44: Questions.

In the royal dining room, every member of the Royal family who was present on the battlefield all sat there as they dined. Delicious food was placed on the long, large table, almost filling it to the brim with all sorts of delicacies. Everyone ate their food quietly, but they all stared at Aurianna.

They all sat in silence and ate their food slowly and awkwardly.

"So is no one going to ask her a damn question?" Lauren burst out as she stared at Aurianna and the concubines looked at each other nervously.

Aurianna turned around, feeling an uneasy stare at her. She looked to see it was just Ralph, so she rolled her eyes and continued to eat her food.

"Well…." Aurianna stated, placing her fork down, "Go on."

Lauren smirked, "Aurianna, I have plenty of questions for you!"

'Well, I expected them to ask questions, that's why I have prepared every excuse to counter your words,' Aurianna thought to herself as a satisfied smile appeared on her face.

"First off, what was that skill you were using? It's like blasting magic, but it's more condensed and more powerful!" Lauren asked, motioning her hands, and everyone nodded curiously about it. But before Aurianna could answer, Lauren continued.

"Second, I didn't know you were a close combat fighter, plus a long-range fighter on top. Thirdly you can use ice magic, dark magic, light magic and wind magic," Lauren listed with her fingers and Aurianna noticed some stares of jealousy from her siblings, especially Ralph. She gave him a cocky smirk, and he broke his golden spoon into two.

"So Aurianna is the fifth child to wield four elements in the family," Ezra smiled as she stared at Aurianna and ate some cake.

Lauren looked at Ezra before continuing, "Fourthly, you're a freaking summoner!!"

Once Lauren was done listing her points, everyone looked at her nervously, the concubines just stared at her curious for an answer. Despite Lauren's fierce look, her eyes seemed to be glittering.

"I have no idea what you're talking about ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠° દ⁠ ⁠⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯" Aurianna shrugged, and visible veins could be seen in Lauren's face.

"You…," Lauren seethed, but King Girsal raised his hand.

"Lauren that's enough, there's no need to question her further," King Girsal shook his head and Lauren resumed sipping her wine.

"Aurianna is just a child, so she wouldn't be able to answer all these questions at once," King Girsal chuckled and patted Aurianna on the head.

Aurianna kept a passive, innocent smile on her face as she thought, 'If I was stronger than him, I would have sliced off his arms for touching my beautiful hair with his filthy hands.'

King Girsal looked at her, "But I need to ask myself. Were you hiding your abilities?"

"I wasn't, I just didn't have the right time to use it," Aurianna stated, crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks.

"♪⁠ My daughter is a genius ♪⁠ ⁠" Queen Amber sang as she raised her nose high.

"This idiot," Cecelia mumbled and facepalmed.

"Something doesn't add up. For her to be this strong, she would need to kill a ton of monsters, but she doesn't leave the palace like the other children," Emirie stated duly as she caresses the skeleton cat in her arms.

Amber looked at her and scoffed, "My daughter is just a true-born genius fighter. And have you forgotten that one can cultivate magic energy in the air?"