Chapter 95: King Girsal's secret

Without hesitation, Eva phased through the solid ground like a ghost, sinking deep into the depths below. "Wow the floors are so deep. Makes it easy to fool others, to make them doubt if anything is truly down here. But I know there's something down here. I can definitely see things moving with my clairvoyance," Eva stated with a determined look as she sunk deeper. After several minutes of floating through the floor, Eva appeared in an unfamiliar room.

"Finally, I've made it!" Eva cheered to herself, her voice filled with triumph. But her joy quickly turned into disbelief as she surveyed the room before her. Her scowl deepened, and her eyes grew cold.

The room, vast and reminiscent of a warehouse, was filled with an unsettling sight. Countless cages lined the walls, each housing grotesque and mutated creatures of various kinds. As Eva floated through the space, her gaze darting from one cage to another, she couldn't help but notice the disturbing mixture of different races around these monsters. These creatures had been subjected to genetic and physical mutilation, their bodies twisted and distorted beyond recognition.

With a cold, apathetic look, Eva continued her exploration, her determination unyielding despite the somber scene. And then, amidst the chaos, she noticed a particular group of monsters that made her expression harden and a sly smile and a hint of disgust appeared on her face. They were covered in a viscous black slime, their bodies towering at a staggering height of 20 feet. Multiple eyes adorned their forms, a haunting and unnatural sight.

Some of the creatures relentlessly slashed at their cages, their fury evident, while others huddled in the corners of their confinement, their cries echoing with despair. A sense of familiarity washed over Eva as she observed them. "Wait a minute," she muttered, a mix of slight surprise and recognition in her voice. "Isn't this the black playtime we encountered in Mavis' home?"

The memory of that harrowing encounter, which she and Aurianna had experienced two years ago, resurfaced in Eva's mind. The resemblance between the imprisoned monsters and those they had encountered back then was strikingly similar. The same sense of darkness and malevolence seemed to emanate from their very beings.

Eva's brows furrowed as she pondered the implications of this discovery. "It's obvious that this is an experiment ground. And it's obvious who is behind this all…"

"As I suspected, and boy was I right! King Girsal was indeed the one funding Mavis for this despicable project," Eva declared, a cold smirk gracing her lips.

"I sense Girsal's presence," Eva turned her head as she sensed the presence of King Girsal nearby. "Well, well, well, looks like the king himself is here. I might as well follow him and see what he's up to," Eva said with a cold tone as she floated towards the left and effortlessly passed through the solid wall.

To her surprise, she found herself in a lavish and opulent office. "Well, well, well, now this is one fancy office," Eva remarked, taking in the luxurious interior with wide eyes. The room exuded wealth and power, with fine furnishings and intricate decorations adorning every corner.

The walls, covered in richly woven tapestries depicting scenes of heroic conquests and mythical creatures, created a sense of grandeur. Golden candelabras adorned with flickering candles cast a warm, golden glow upon the room, illuminating the fine details of the meticulously crafted furnishings.

A massive, ornately carved desk stood prominently at the side of the room. Its surface, polished to a mirror-like sheen, reflected the dimmed light, showcasing the intricate marquetry of exotic woods. Elaborate inkwells, crafted from precious metals and adorned with intricate engravings, sat atop the desk, ready to witness the signing of royal decrees.

But amidst this façade of elegance and refinement, a hidden corner of the room concealed a dark and disturbing chart. On a large, intricately carved display stand rested a series of charts and illustrations, each one a haunting testament to the gruesome experiments that had taken place. These macabre depictions showcased the unholy mixture of various creatures, races and beings, their twisted forms captured in vivid detail.