Chapter 144: War against the Infinite Nation 6

"She's taller than those golems," commented Amber as she observed Vertica.

"Well, I expected nothing less of the power that places witches at rank six amongst the other races," King Girsal nodded, watching the battle unfold as he sat in a chair courteously provided by his servants.

Nia wasted no time and swiftly lunged at Vertica, her intentions clear as she aimed at severing Vertica's hand. But to her surprise, her sword clashed with sparks as it couldn't pierce Vertica's skin.

However, Vertica swiftly grabbed Nia and held her in a tight grip, ultimately shattering Nia's body into pieces, causing her white blood to drip between her fingers.

"Arghh!!" Aurianna couldn't contain her agonizing screams as she began clawing at her body in response to the overwhelming pain coursing through her.

"What the hell is that?!" She gasped for breath, her voice strained, as she opened her eyes slowly to see Vertica approaching her, aiming to grab them.

But luckily Ruigo swung her staff creating hundreds of magic circles that blasted at Vertica, causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground.

"Ruigo, why didn't you help me back there?!" Nia complained as her body reformed beside Ruigo.

"You should consider yourself lucky that I'm willing to revive you. Did you forget that if you die a certain amount of the pain you received would go to our master?" Ruigo rebuked her calmly.

"That's the reason my body feels like shit," Aurianna remarked, a deep frown etching itself onto her face.

"Please, Master, mind your language," Ruigo politely implored.

"How the heck am I supposed to watch my words when it feels like my body's being torn apart?!" Aurianna angrily retorted, her voice filled with frustration.

"Well, those are the consequences of summoning us," Ruigo said with a wry smile, essentially saying, 'I told you so.'

"Seems like we'll need to summon two more, because I don't think the three of us can kill this thing," Ruigo stated just as Vertica swung her wand, sending massive projectiles hurtling their way. Ruigo quickly created a protective barrier for each of them, absorbing the impact of the projectiles.

'If I were out there, I would have died,' Aurianna thought to herself. "Hold on a minute! Why is she attacking us alone when those folks over there are just watching, like we're some kind of entertainment?" Aurianna complained.

"I thought you wanted attention, Master?" Nia chimed in with a giggle.

"I do want attention, but why is this monster so fixated on us? Can't she see those people over there whom she can also kill?" Aurianna pointed at the Sandeph knights, lurking from a very far distance behind a protective barrier.

Aurianna quickly calmed down and looked at Ruigo with a serious expression. "So, are you suggesting I should summon the Queen?" Aurianna inquired, wincing a bit clenching her neck.

"Yes, Master," Ruigo nodded.

"This is terrible. At this rate, I'll lose all my body parts just trying to summon more of you! How am I even supposed to walk?!" Aurianna continued her complaints.

"Well, you could always make another crystal leg," Ruigo suggested.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better or something?" Aurianna shot back, her gaze fixed on Ruigo, her veins pulsing in frustration as they could be seen. "Instead of admiring my beautiful legs, I'll be staring at crystals next morning!"

"Which is more important, your life or your leg?" Ruigo inquired.

"I suppose my life," Aurianna conceded.