Chapter 94: rewriting future

"Why the hell should I tell you anything?" the Pidi retorted, crossing her arms and puffing her cheeks defiantly.

Barbados, unfazed by her resistance, responded with authority. "Because a god is asking!" he declared, his voice filled with a mix of command and curiosity.

The Pidi's mischievous grin widened as she considered Barbados' request. "I won't spill the beans on why I possess the essence of time, but if you both promise to keep your mouths shut, I'll teach you more than you know how to control your time powers if you'd like, Barbados," she proposed, her tone laced with a tantalizing promise.

Barbados' eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected offer. "Really? Are you the one who reversed the timeline? Can you teach us how to better control my time powers?" he exclaimed, his excitement evident in his voice. He released his grip on the Pidi, eager to delve deeper into this newfound opportunity.

The Pidi's smile grew, a glint of mischief in her eyes. "Oh, much more than that," she teased, relishing in the anticipation she had stirred within Barbados. "But first, you'll have to prove that you can keep your end of the bargain."

"Wait a minute, Barbados," Azarath interjected, her voice filled with caution. "We can't just trust her so easily. Think about it. Why would a goddess hide from not only us, but even the High god himself?" Her eyes pierced through the Pidi, as if searching for any signs of deceit.

The Pidi's lips curled into a cold smile as she acknowledged Azarath's sharp perception. "Ah, the Goddess of Wisdom, you're quite smart. Impressive, indeed. Able to know my identity as a goddess with a glance. Truly, the goddess of wisdom of this world didn't disappoint me," she remarked, a hint of admiration in her tone. "As for your question, well, that's a secret I intend to keep. On second thought, considering the lack of trust between us, perhaps erasing your memories is a more suitable option," she added, her words laced with an icy chill. A golden glow enveloped her entire being, signaling her intentions.

Azarath's voice rang out in desperation, attempting to halt the Pidi's actions. "Hey, wait! Don't!" she pleaded, but her words fell on deaf ears. Before she could finish her sentence, the room was consumed by a blinding golden light. Azarath and Barbados felt their bodies grow heavy, their eyelids drooping as an overwhelming sleepiness washed over them.

"Wow, to think I'll get all the world's knowledge from this goddess. I expect no less from the goddess of wisdom," Eva's voice rang out of the Pidi as she exclaimed with an excited grin, her eyes gleaming with anticipation. However, her expression quickly soured, and her grin turned into a frown, "A pity that I can't enter some areas in the heavens. All my Pidis that arrived here have been eliminated. Seems like someone has probably discovered my presence."

"Now then, let's rewrite those memories," Eva chuckled eerily, as she extended her tiny hand towards Azarath's mind. With a swift motion, she pulled out a small white ball, absorbing it into herself. In an instant, a new ball materialized in her hand, glowing with an ethereal light. Without hesitation, she reinserted it back into Azarath's consciousness.

"Memory rewrite complete, now to do the same for the other guy," Eva declared, her voice oddly adorable as she hopped towards Barbados. Using the same method, she repeated the process, retrieving and replacing memories with her mystical touch.

"Information collection and memory rewrite complete. Information has been successfully sent to the main host. This Pidis would now disappear," the Pidi stated as it quickly turned into a dazzling light and disappearing without a trace. As Eva had completed her task, a profound change settled upon Azarath and Barbados. Their memories, once clear and vivid, now carried subtle alterations, like a jigsaw puzzle rearranged. The intricate details of their shared experiences had been subtly rewritten, leaving behind a new narrative carefully crafted by Eva.