Chapter 117: Talking with Ostusi 2

"Excuse me, Lady Aurianna, it seems you've been rather quiet for a while," Ostusi interjected their conversation, clearly perplexed by her prolonged silence. While Aurianna had been engaged in dialogue with Eva, she remained completely silent, her eyes closed, and a continuous nodding that was starting to give him an eerie feeling.

"Ahem," Aurianna cleared her throat, breaking the silence. "I was actually lost in thought," she remarked with a serious undertone, before rising from her bed and stepping into the center of the room.

"Come over here," she gestured, extending her hand towards him.

Perplexed by her sudden action, Ostusi looked at her with a quizzical expression.

"Aren't you interested in visiting the underground city?" Aurianna inquired.

"Why are you leading me there?" Ostusi questioned, cautiously approaching her.

"I'm on your side, remember?" she reassured him with an innocent smile. "And besides, there's someone I'm eager to meet," she added, her gaze slightly intense.

"Alright then, let's proceed," Ostusi agreed, sidling up beside her.

"Now that I think about it, you're not exactly the most intimidating presence," Ostusi chuckled, noticing Aurianna was only half his height as he stood next to her.

"I don't find that joke amusing," Aurianna retorted with a touch of annoyance.

'Looks like she's a bit annoyed,' Ostusi thought, nervously scratching his neck.

"Well, let's not waste any more time – shall we?" Ostusi shrugged..

"Eva," Aurianna murmured, and in an instant, intricate golden patterns formed around them on the ground, enveloping them in a golden light that whisked them away.

As Aurianna opened her eyes, she found herself in a dimly lit corner, accompanied by Ostusi. The area around them was alive with a medley of noises, the most dominant being the lively chatter of people and the aroma of various foods wafting through the air.

"So this is the place," he murmured, casting a quick glance from his vantage point, observing the carefree crowd ambling about. A multitude of young men and women engaged in conversations as they gathered their meals from the culinary staff in an orderly manner. Seated along elongated tables, as they dined in tranquility.

Aurianna, too, took a discreet look from her corner, taking in the expanse of the colossal hall. It stretched out like a football field, accommodating thousands of individuals spanning various ages. Through the acuity of her keen eyesight, she could discern the lively assembly of youth and adults sharing a meal together.

Despite the absence of windows, the hall managed to maintain a refreshing coolness, allowing Aurianna and Ostusi to breathe easily.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Aurianna posed a question as she observed dozens of miniature figures emerging from Ostusi's arms and darting toward the crowd, some blending in like chameleons with their surroundings.

"What's your plan with those?" she queried.

"I need to keep an eye on this place and share it with Vatium and the others," Ostusi replied, revealing his purpose.

"Won't they be detected?" Aurianna inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"The level of magic I've imbued won't be easily detected by ordinary humans. Perhaps an Arc Human might catch a faint trace of their presence, but fully exposing them would require a Grand Human or a Primordial Human," Ostusi detailed, his tone revealing fear when he mentioned those particular human Classes.