Chapter 49: Beef

___________

"It's the princess, she's here?" Someone blurted out.

Everyone slowly turned their attention to her. Some gave a bow, while others stood and stared at her, making their opinions of her known through their disapproving looks and stares. But Aurianna didn't care. She turned her nose up at them and walked through the crowd. Everyone, bowing or not, parted before her as she strutted through the hall.

"Why would the princess come to an adventurer's guild?" A woman in a green shirt and long pencil skirt walked up to Aurianna and asked with a polite smile.

"I came to make a quest." Aurianna said innocently.

"Does the princess know the process of making a quest?" The woman asked.

"I have no idea." Aurianna averted her gaze and shrugged.

Shialor stiffened at the opportunity to educate Aurianna. She straightened her glasses and cleared her throat.

"Princess, the adventurer's guild is a place where quests can be made. These quests have their parameters met under the services of adventurers that can be hired and paid for."

"Okay." Aurianna answered bluntly.

She purposefully avoided giving Shialor any thanks or praise for explaining something to her. It would be a disaster if Shialor made it a habit to do as such after all.

"So what request would you like to make?" the lady before her asked.

"My request is that I am given all the information you have on Gein." Aurianna demanded…

"Sorry… but we don't disclose such info…" the lady answered.

She quickly avoided Aurianna's gaze, knowing that she would not be happy to hear that in the slightest.

"Think twice before you say some bullshit like that." Aurianna growled at her. "When I say I want something, I get it. Ignore my words again and you'll die."

Aurianna materialized her hover gun before the woman. Her eyes widened in fear, she stumbled backwards falling on her butt. She kept her eyes fixed on the strange device pointing at her. She shuddered, feeling the cold eyes of Aurianna bearing down upon her, freezing her in place.

"What is happening here?" A lean brown skinned man came forward.

His hazel eyes stared at Aurianna and Aurianna's light blue eyes stared back at him.

"Oh… it's you, Princess." the man greeted reluctantly.

He managed to twitch a welcoming smile onto his face. Aurianna crossed her arms in disapproval.

"I came here to make a request." Aurianna asserted. "Yet she dares to refuse me. If I wasn't trying to be polite, I would have blasted her head off!"

Aurianna snapped her anger back to the woman who had refused her in the beginning. She scrambled off the ground and sought cover behind the hazel eyed man.

"So what do you want?" The man asked, keeping his fake smile.

"I would like any and all information you have on Gein!" She yelled, angry to have repeated herself.

"Sure, but why do you want information on him?"

"I've got a personal beef with that old guy." Aurianna answered with a grin.

The man looked at her coldly. His eyes seemed to gleam with anger for a moment.

"I'm looking for Gein, the old guy who decided to play hero and slapped my Drole!" Aurianna burst out.