Chap 5: Vatium's speech

༻----- ˗ˋˊ˗ -----༺

Vatium's visage twisted into a sinister expression, emanating an overwhelming aura of death and destruction. Kent, Cindy, Derek, and Aurianna couldn't help but tremble in fear, their bodies instinctively reacting to the sheer pressure bearing down on them.

Desperate to protect herself, Aurianna mustered the last remnants of her magical energy, attempting to conjure a protective shield. However, to her dismay, the golden light surrounding her flickered and vanished. The realization struck her like a bolt of lightning – she had exhausted her mana reserves. Fear gripped her heart even tighter as she grappled with the consequences of her dwindling power. The fate of their battle now seemed to rest solely in the hands of the goddess they worshipped.

With their companions' lives hanging in the balance, Kent and Derek bravely charged forward, determined to confront Vatium head-on. But in a split second, Vatium's swift and merciless strike severed their arms, eliciting anguished screams that reverberated through the air. The ground beneath them stained crimson as blood spilled from their grievous wounds, leaving trails of agony in their wake.

Amidst the chaos and agony, Kent's frustration and desperation boiled over, and he lashed out at Aurianna with harsh words. His anger and fear clouded his judgment, causing him to direct his pain towards her.

"Fucking heal me, you bitch! Can't you see I'm dying?!" Kent's voice trembled with a mix of pain and anger, his words cutting through the air and leaving a bitter sting.

Aurianna's heart skipped a beat, her own pain and exhaustion momentarily forgotten as she was taken aback by the intensity of his outburst. The weight of the situation pressed down on her, and she felt a surge of panic and helplessness.

Aurianna's heart sank as her worst nightmare unfolded before her eyes. The Heroes, who had always been her allies, now lay gravely injured, and she felt utterly helpless. The realization that she couldn't do anything to save them washed over her, leaving her paralyzed with fear and despair.

"I... don't... have..." Aurianna's voice trembled, her words trailing off as her thoughts spun in disarray.

But before she could fully process the situation, Kent's anger and frustration erupted once again, lashing out at her with venomous words. His harshness pierced through her already shattered composure, further adding to her sense of helplessness.

"Stop playing around and help, you damn bitch!" Kent's words cut through the air like a knife, fueling Aurianna's despair with each syllable.

Vatium, witnessing Kent's disrespectful outburst, furrowed his brow in disapproval. Without hesitation, he swiftly swung his scythe, severing Kent's head from his body in a single, merciless strike. The gruesome sight unfolded in an instant, leaving Aurianna stunned and horrified.

Derek, who had managed to crawl away from the immediate danger, witnessed the horrifying turn of events. Panic and desperation filled his voice as he pleaded with Aurianna.

"What are you doing, Aurianna? Heal me!!" Derek's voice trembled with a mix of pain and desperation, his eyes pleading for salvation.

But Aurianna, her hands trembling and her mind overwhelmed, had no mana left to channel healing magic. The realization struck her like a physical blow, leaving her voice strained as she desperately called out.

"I'm out of mana!" Her words echoed with a sense of anguish and resignation, as she watched Derek's fate being sealed in a flash of Vatium's scythe.