Chapter 47: failed saving

__________

"♬ Money, money, money⁠♪" Aurianna sang happily and Shialor beamed.

'The princess is so happy when she gets paid for her hard work. If I didn't know what she is really like, I would have been fooled by that innocent face.' Shialor thought to herself as she cried inwardly.

Shialor remembered the negotiations Aurianna had with count Bismark, and it was a battle between two business people.

"Since you destroyed the heads of the pirate, which were supposed to be proof of your work, I'll give you 75% of the bounty payment," Count Bismark stated adamantly sitting on a couch.

"This is unfair. Daylight robbery!! I did the job. Hebrew and Shialor are my witnesses," Aurianna protested and looked at Hebrew and Shialor squinting her eyes at them and her hands on her waist.

Bismark looked at Hebrew and Shialor and they nodded, thus count Bismark sighed.

"The people want to be assured that the threat is arrested or dead, that's why I ask for their heads. So, why do you always have to make the body unrecognizable?" Count asked, massaging his temples.

"I was testing a new skill (⁠´⁠ε⁠`⁠ ⁠)," Aurianna looked away from him and Bismark raised an eyebrow.

He then tapped on his gray ring and a silver bag appeared in his hands. He was about to hand it over to a knight of Aurianna until the knight met with her glare and stood back. Aurianna then walked forward and stretched her hands out, ready to receive the payment. Her eyes glittered with excitement.

"Here are 200 gold coins," count Bismark placed the bag in Aurianna's hands, and she swiftly clenched it and patted it happily.

"Thank you, uncle Bismark," she smiled like an angel and count Bismark tried to shield his eyes since she seemed like a bright light.

'I still can't get used to her 180° change in behavior,' Count Bismark cried inwardly as he wiped non-existent tears.

Back in the carriage, Aurianna was getting bored by how slow it was moving and poured herself some juice from a glass and gulped it down.

"Can you guys go faster? I would rather not be late for my payday from my father!" Aurianna yelled at the coachman and he nodded. He whipped his whip and the Droles pulling the carriage started to run faster.

As the carriage was riding through the streets of Sandeph, a group of little children were playing together with a round ball. A little boy, around six, saw the ball roll to the middle of the road and looked to see an incoming carriage.

'I can make it!' He thought to himself and dashed towards the road. And as he picked the ball, the Drole was before him. The boy panicked with a frightened expression on his face.

However, in a nick of time, a man came and punched the Drole away causing an expensive carriage to fall down.

The people around cheered for the man who saved the boy.

"Thank you, Mr," the boy cried, and the man smiled at him. The boy hugged the man before running towards a woman who was crying and hugged the boy.

Someone then looked closely at the carriage, pointed towards it, and yelled.

"Fools!!" The man yelled before dashing away. The people turned towards the knights on horses and most were adorned in platinum armor. Noticing the knights and the wonder of the carriage the crowds faces were filled with fear.

They all moved away from the carriage, but they didn't dare to leave since the knights were giving them an icy glare.

One knight got down from her horse and she lifted up the carriage with one hand into it's original position.

Inside the carriage was Aurianna who held Shialor's head and Shialor looked shocked and scared.

'If it hadn't been for her, I would have died,' Shialor thought as she looked before her to see the edge of the table filled with broken glass of the former wine battle. If not for Aurianna, Shialor's neck would have been broken, causing her to be unable to breathe and die. The carriage was moved to its upright position and Shialor sighed in relief.

"Thank you, princess," Shialor cried with a smile and Aurianna huffed, "If you die my father would reduce my pay."

'Bruh,' Shialor looked at Aurianna blankly and was a bit disappointed by her choice of words.

Aurianna got down from the carriage as she stared at the young man with a frown and asked, "Oi, jackass why did you stop my carriage, what's more you flipped it over," Aurianna stated in an annoyed tone as she summoned her revolver in her hands. "I hate it when people do things that would make me the least bit uncomfortable." She added, glaring at the young man.

He had a slim figure and wore some plain trouser and top with a red coat. His hair fell down on his face and his eyes looked at Aurianna brightly.

"That child was on the road I had to save them, what's more you're perfectly fine," the man snorted.

"Fine?" Aurianna asked as she gritted her teeth. "If I was weak, my skull would be mush by now."

"Don't you nobles have healers? And it's your fault for your carriage to be riding at such high speeds!" The man retorted as he crossed his arms.

"Don't you know you're speaking to princess Aurianna Vanluad!" A person in the crowd yelled and the man's face tensed.

"Gein apologize immediately!" A woman yelled at the man, but he looked at Aurianna and snorted.

Aurianna smiled and walked towards the child, "If a dumb, idiotic child runs on the road while a carriage is passing it's better to let that insignificant fool die," Aurianna said as she glared down at the little boy with a ball in his hands.

Aurianna then pointed her gun at the boy and shot both of his legs off. The flesh separating from the body.

Gein stared in horror at what Aurianna just did, but before he could stop her, he was blocked by some knights.

"Mama it hurts!! It hurts!!" The boy cried as tears, snot, and blood rolled down his face, but Aurianna looked at him unfazed. She then blasted off his head before she had a satisfied smile.

"You monster!!" The mother of the boy yelled as she took out her hair pin and dashed towards Aurianna aiming to stab her. But Aurianna was faster and the woman's head was shot as a hole could be seen in the middle of her face, before she slumped onto the ground dead. Blood oozed out from her body and her son's as they mixed together.

"How can you easily kill a child and a mother without bagging an eye?" Gein glared at her and yelled.

Aurianna raised her hands and the knights released him.

"You should learn to respect a princess!" Aurianna stated coldly and immediately dashed towards him and kicked him in the guts, but her attack was blocked by his dual blades.

'How the hell is her kick so strong? I'm a High human and I'm able to feel pain from an attack of a little girl. Isn't she just twelve, so what the hell is she?!' Gein thought in his head and immediately sensed danger!

Aurianna raised her gun to his face and fired, but Gein was fast and immediately dodged all of them at close angle and threw her back, making some distance between both of them.

"Princess, you're going to be late!" A knight announced.

"Shit!" Aurianna cursed before walking towards her carriage.

"Oi old guy, if not for you being strong you would have been dead meat by now!" Aurianna said with a death glare before entering her carriage and riding off.

Gein sighed in relief, but the bloody scene before him made his stomach churn. He then glared at Aurianna's carriage and gripped his hands, but his grip soon loosened as he walked away. He turned back to see some men in white cover the bodies with a cloth and take them away.

Seeing that their bodies were being taken care off Gein walked away.