Chapter 125: Girsal

"Also that child was holding back," Gray blurted out and her words surprised King Girsal.

"Holding back?" King Girsal asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Definitely," Gray replied with a nonchalant shrug, twirling down the hall. "I'm pretty sure she's got more tricks up her sleeve."

"Oh, speaking of tricks," Gray turned to face King Girsal with a sly grin, "You mentioned a war in three weeks, right?"

"Yes, that's right, Apostle," King Girsal confirmed.

"Here's an idea," Gray suggested with a mischievous glint in her eye, "Let her go solo in the war. I mean, toss her in with not just regular folks, but High Humans, Chaos, and Holy Humans."

King Girsal was taken aback. "Apostle, that's outrageous!"

"Just hear me out," Gray said, undeterred. "If her life's on the line, you can always swoop in to save her. I bet you're interested and eager to see what she's truly made of, right? What better way to test her strength than a life-or-death situation?"

"Alright, you have a point there," King Girsal conceded with a slight bow.

"Also," Gray continued with a cold determination, "Figure out a way to get her on our side. Someone with her potential can either join our goddess Paige or...well, you know the alternative, she might as well die. We can't risk other churches trying to get her to their side and using her against us."

"But she's..." King Girsal began, only to be interrupted by Gray, who suddenly appeared before him, her eye revealing a pink cross at its center.

"Would you dare defy an Apostle?" Gray asked, her gaze intense.

"Absolutely not!" King Girsal replied nervously, feeling the pressure she emanated pressing down on him, tightening his chest.

"Good! "That's what I like to hear, pa, pa, pa, pa." Gray said, her tone lightening as she patted him on the shoulder. "So, about that war..."

King Girsal raised an eyebrow, "Are you planning to stay for it?"

"Not interested," Gray replied casually, giving a thumbs-up. "Just stream it for me."

"But what if it gets leaked?" King Girsal exclaimed, worry in his voice.

"That's the whole point," Gray replied with a chilling smile. "If word gets out, the only safe haven she can turn to is the Church of Paige. After all, her parents are members of our church. We'd have no choice but to protect her. Her abilities are bound to come out to the public sooner or later, and other churches or countries might come sniffing around and covet her. It's better to be prepared and keep her from falling into the wrong hands."

"This is turning out to be much more serious than I had anticipated," King Girsal muttered, his brow furrowed as he fixed his gaze on Gray.

"Yes, indeed. Given the abundance of light magic she wields, her exceptional beauty, and her undeniable natural charm, she might even ascend to the status of a Saintess. Although, I rather hope she doesn't become the next Saintess of beauty," Gray remarked, her tone devoid of emotion.

"But what if she does become a Saintess?" King Girsal inquired, curiosity evident in his voice.

"I highly doubt it," Gray replied with a dismissive shrug. "She comes off as rather cocky and brash. If, by some chance, she does attain that position, her fate will likely follow the same path as those who came before her."

"I must be on my way now; I have more pressing matters to attend to. We can discuss the details of her origin via the communication cube," Gray announced, stepping onto a light pink magic circle that promptly whisked her away.