Chapter 41: Gems

In a spacious and elegant room, there were crystal-paneled walls with a large crystal table in the center of the floor. There was an enormous globe containing the universe on top, and a huge chandelier adorned with swirls, stars, and sparkling candles overhead. Behind the large tinted windows was a city floating in the sky, many flying vehicles passed by, and the night was beautifully illuminated by the many stars and all the blues and purples you can imagine.

In the chairs around the table sat seven people, all with different expressions on their faces. Some were calm, anxious, and ecstatic. There was one thing they all had in common, they seemed to be made of crystals. Their bodies glittered like white gems and were as smooth as jade stones.

( Assume that their names represent the gems they look like )

"I believe you know why we are gathered here today?" Moonstone spoke, and everyone in the room nodded. She was a woman who wore a green dress and had white hair styled as large pigtails that fluttered when she spoke. Her white eyes were so calm and unwavering that they almost seemed emotionless. She stared at the tablet in her hands and swiped the screen to reveal a white diamond.

"You all felt the gem's aura, right?" Natrolite, who had a bob haircut that matched her fierce eyes, asked. Looking around, she saw everyone appeared uneasy.

"I did, but it feels different. The soul is different!" Castorite answered nervously. He appeared to be younger than the others, though there was no age difference. He had short curly yellow hair and a pair of innocent-looking white eyes.

"A second generation, how marvelous," Ulexite grinned. He had white hair styled in a bun. He wore a black robe that seemed like a suit, his body was more muscular than the others, and on his head was a white hoop.

"Doesn't it mean the White Diamond of Peace and Light is truly dead?" Scolecite, a woman with white permed hair and cold green eyes, asked dryly, a hint of grief sounding in her voice. She wore a wine-red dress, she seemed to be pink or rather salmon in color, and three spheres flapped around her head.

Everyone nodded sympathetically, as a moment of silence filled the room.

"Well, she wasn't so peaceful," Moonstone stated with no remorse, and the others nodded.

"I agree, the White Diamond got fooled by the Golden Diamond and the Black Diamond, despite the fact that we warned her, she still tried to kill us," Howlite shook his head as he remembered Diamond striking him with her sword. He touched his face, causing the mask to fade and reveal the broken one that looked like shattered glass. His features couldn't be properly distinguished.

"Will our new Diamond be any different though?" Natrolite asked with an uneasy tone as everyone else wondered the same thing.

"We won't know until we meet her,' Moonstone answered calmly.

"I bet she's cute, beautiful, and ruthless," Ulexite said happily, a smile spreading across his face.

"More like them, there are two," Moonstone added, and everyone raised an eyebrow.

"Since when?" Castorite asked, confusion written all over his face.

"Probably twins," White Howlite stated, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Are they both in the same dimension?" Ulexite asked, staring at Moonstone as his eyes seemed to sparkle.

"Yes, but in different universes," Moonstone answered as she waved her hand over the globe and it expanded to reveal a dimension with two bright lights in an image that looked like a cluster of sparkling dust.

"Where did you feel their gems from?" White Howlite asked, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

"I felt it from Dimension 236; universe numbers 5 and 30," Moonstone answered as she swiped her hand again and the sphere expanded into the dimension, revealing the glowing universes that contained the two gems. The universe looked like an array of purple and green lights that illuminated the dark empty space. It was a beautiful sight to see: the two universes each coiled, making it look like a spiral hollow.