Fifty

Surprises
_________________________________________

Surprises_________________________________________

_________________________________________

ROSELYN

Car rides back home were.. quiet.

I sat in the backseat once again— there were no shortcuts, no Bryson Tiller. Instead low hyms of Lauryn Hill and constant paparazzi; I couldn't say things were as they were before because paparazzi harrassment was never this terrible, and people never used to look at me the way they do now.

Was it pity? Maybe.

Was it weariness? Definitely.

JJ: I'm gonna to be out late tonight. You don't have to wait up for me, Rosie! Love you— stay safe alr?

And Jeremiah never left my condo to stay at a hotel like he planned— or left New York in general.
He was already paranoid over me before, now after it happened I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

I can't say it was as miserable now though— Jeremiah actually gave me space (in his own way).

ROSELYN: Alright, don't get into to trouble JJ and you be safe too

I looked up from my phone as Alistair pulled into the parking lot.
I had work to do— so much work to do. I needed to release this next collection no matter what. I had the vision, it is in production yet—

"— Miss Sawyer, we're here." Alistair voice cut through my thoughts.

I sighed, "Yeah, alright." My focus fell to my phone again.

ROSELYN: I love you too

I was trying to get better at that.

Alistair got out of the car and went around to open my door.
I stepped out onto the concrete and adjusted my skirt— I asked in a low voice, "Have you been doing your own diggin' on R?"

Alistair shut the car door behind me and nodded, "Of course, Miss Sawyer— but it's.. difficult now that the police are officially involved."

"I know that." I said as I began to walk towards the entrance of the building.

"Miss Sawyer," Alistair groaned while he jogged over to catch up to me. "..maybe we should let the police deal with it now? You gave the police everything you know so—" He paused and looked at me with squinted eyes. ".. you did give the police everything, right?"

I folded my arms under my chest and avoided his gaze— stepping onto the side walk.

"Miss Sawyer, what didn't you give them—"