Seven

Two Town Mice

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Damn.."

The rest of the day was surprisingly uneventful.

I just stood outside of Miss Roselyn's office, stood next to her in a meeting room, stood next to her while she ate dinner with some director, and drove her home for the night around 11 PM.

Before she left, she smiled at me and fixed my ID.

Her glossy lips were slightly parted when she spoke, "You did good today, Pierce.. tommorow will be more calm I hope. Think of it as a reward for handling such a chaotic first day, hun."

I nodded, "Don't worry, I've dealt with worse Miss Roselyn."

She pursed her lips together in a sort of pouty smile, "I'll see you tomorrow morning, sweetheart.."

I licked my lips, her hands rested on my chest- it didn't help that when she pulled them away her finger-tips lingered for a moment.

"Yes," I murmured. "... I'll see you tomorrow morning, 5:30AM sharp."

She laughed, "You can pick me up around 10AM. Like I said tommorow will be an calmer day for you."

Miss Roselyn left into the entrance of the condo building.
I checked my phone, glancing up here or there until I was sure she had gotten in the elevator.

I always had trouble sleeping, it about 12AM now and all I was doing was staring at the ceiling.
That moment replayed whenever I closed my eyes. The way she looks at me isn't good for my health at all (it isn't good for any man's health if she ever looked at them like that).
But I think we're similar in that area, because doe eyes she gave me while touching my chest earlier, I swear she gave to Alistair at one point in the day.

I groaned and rolled on my side, the shopping bags from yesterday morning were piled up in the corner.

"She's too nice to me," I clicked my tongue. "I really wish she was just some really average-looking older woman.. not goddamn eye candy."

When I was this pent up I used to go to that gym- practice boxing. I doubted my old coach is even still there and my case got some type of media coverage so I think he'd be disappointed to see me after what I did.

"- Damn what was that guy's name that Alistair told me about," I pulled my phone out my pocket and went to Safari. "Oh right.. Derek Harrington."

His named popped up rather quickly with a bunch of articles underneath the search that didn't care about reading. I just wanted to I know what the guy looked like.