Thirteen

Parallel
_________________________________________

Parallel_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"I'd rather not eat dinner with a buncha old, graying men."

I listened to Miss Roselyn complain to Alistair with a groan while I lit her cigarette.

"I know you don't but you're the one who suggested partnering up with a colonge company to promote Canopy of Crystal's next collection, Miss Sawyer.." Alistair reminded her and she frowned, nodding at me while inhaling the thick smoke.

"When do you have it scheduled?" She murmured, head falling back in between her shoulders.

"Mmm," Alistair looked down at his iPad, tapping away before he said. ".. this Friday, Miss Sawyer."

Miss Roselyn gripped the edge of her desk that she sat on with her freehand and sighed heavily.

"That soon?"

"Again," He hummed. ".. it was your suggestion."

"And when did I suggest this?" Miss Roselyn questioned, bringing her cigarette away from her mouth.

"The meeting after attending Bonnie Lovell's pool party, Miss Sawyer." He answered.

"Which was?" She raised a brow.

"The day after said pool party, Miss Sawyer."

Miss Roselyn frowned and pressed the cigarette back in between her lips, sucking in a breath.
"You can go, Alistair," She huffed, waving him off with a 'thank you'. "Pierce, you stay for a minute."

Alistair thanked her for her time, giving me a glance, before he left her office swiftly.

"Maybe you were right," Miss Roselyn mumbled and held her cigarette in her mouth- reaching back further on her desk and grabbing a sketch-pad. "I must've taken too many hits- can't believe I agreed to that."

She pulled out a pencil from her marble pencil holder as hot smoke left her nose.

"Can't you change the date, Miss Roselyn?" I asked, watching as Miss Roselyn rested the sketch-pad on her lap. She held the cigarette in between her fingers of her left hand, while she dragged the tip of the pencil along the paper with her right.

"Of course I can.. I just want somethin' to bitch about," She admitted as she looked up at me, tapping her cigarette on the edge of her golden ashtray. ".. I know it was the most ideal date for everyone- probably the only time that everyone that will be attending the dinner would actually be free. I'd.. just rather make my designs.."