Thirty-One

A Definite No
_________________________________________

A Definite No_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Are you still boxin', sweetheart?"

I looked over Miss Roselyn as she asked the sudden question while she worked at her desk. I was in her office once again, it was later in the day, and Jeremiah would wander around the building but ultimately end up back in Miss Roselyn's office everytime.

When she told me we would barely have alone time with him around I believed her, but still I didn't think it'd be like this.

"So he boxes." Jeremiah mused sarcastically from the couch.

But I was fine— I would be fine without being intimate with her. I lasted six years without sex, so I could last as long as Jeremiah decided to stick around.

I ignored his comment. ".. I am— I go to the gym every chance I get." I told her simply.

"That's good, I can tell you enjoy it," She smiled softly. ".. and JJ don't talk shit— Dominic is very good at boxin'."

Jeremiah's eyebrows rose in surprise. ".. Oh so you've seen him in action, Rosie?" He scoffed— his tone sounded playful but he was looking at me with squinted eyes.

"Mhm it was entertaining to say the least," Miss Roselyn recalled— she looked up at me and I instantly met her gaze with a newfound sense of eagerness. ".. I'd gladly watch you box again, sweetheart."

I didn't know what to say— well I did but I didn't know whether I should say it.

So all I did was nod. At that point Miss Roselyn wasn't even looking at me anymore. I made a little glance way more than it really was.

".. Alright I need you two out," Miss Roselyn spoke up as she typed on her laptop. ".. I need to finish fillin' out this document. And Dominic, I'll be out there when I'm done— m'gonna leave a little early today."

I sighed, "Alright, Miss Roselyn— you know where I am."

She laughed softly, "Mhm always."

I walked towards the door and I could hear Jeremiah rise from the couch. I opened the door and looked back over my shoulder while waiting for Jeremiah to leave before me.

".. I understand him but me? Rosie, I know how be quiet when needed." He attempted to reason.

She stared at him deadpanned. "JJ, the last thing you know how to do is be quiet. Go wonder the halls, sit around in breakrooms, or leave and go find a hotel to spend your time in Manhatten at. Just don't bother my employees, got it?" Miss Roselyn huffed— she looked like she was looking for something on her desk before she paused, frowned at Jeremiah, and went back to typing.