Five

The Phone Call
_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"I don't give a shit, get me Bonnie Lovell on the phone now!"

I could hear Miss Roselyn arguing over the phone while I stood infront of her office door. The whole mood of the 55th floor was quiet, I guess it wasn't smart too be lively when your boss was pissed off.

Alistair walked down the hall and stood in front of me.

"Alright pretty boy, can you move?" He grumbled, holding his tablet and Apple pen. His bodyguard days were obviously over but he still had the perfect resting bitch face for the job.

"Miss Roselyn specifically told me not to let anyone in, even you Mr. Hughes." I murmured and he raised a brow.

"Mr. Hughes? Oh wow," He chuckled. "I thought we were on a first name basis, pretty boy?"

I hummed, "Damn, I thought we were too."

Alistair stared at me for a moment longer before rolling his eyes. "...Oh right, you're Dominic Pierce." He expressed sarcastically.

"And you're Alistair Hughes."

I furrowed my brows as he wrote on his tablet and clicked his tongue. I don't hate Alistair but I don't care for him either, and I think it was somewhat mutual. If you gave the guy dark eye shadow and piercings he would look like he was thrown straight from an 2008 punk band.

"Since you're not letting me in, I guess I'll ask you," Alistair sighed. "Has Miss Sawyer eaten her bagel breakfast sandwich today?"

I huffed, "Yes she has."

"Has she drank her cinnamon carmel Frappuccino?"

I nodded with a blank expression.

"Has she had her morning cigarette?"

I shook my head, "No, not that I know of."

Alistair groaned and searched through his pockets. He pulled out a lighter and stuck out his palm, urging me to take it. "Take the damn thing, I doubt you want to deal with an angry off Miss Sawyer on your first day." He spat and I took the lighter from him.
"Now Dominic," Alistair huffed. "I'll come back once she's smoked, make sure you light it for her too."