Thirty-Eight

Outing
________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

".. Where are we goin' first?"

Miss Roselyn smiled over at me with a sparkle in those doe eyes. She was back in the passenger seat— I didn'r realize how much I missed that until she took her place next to me again.
Paparazzi didn't harass her on her way out of the office this morning— they haven't been this entire week.

"It's your day, Roselyn— you can pick."

Miss Roselyn pouted, "I agree to disagree— it's your day."

"Y'know what," I sighed— placing my right hand on her thigh. ".. how about our day? You like that?"

Miss Roselyn was quiet, and I felt I had gone too far— she may have called it a 'date' but that wasn't what this was; this was an.. outing.

I was about to pull my hand away when Miss Roselyn's warm palm pressed against my skin— her hand really was small compared to mine.
She stroked my knuckles with her thumb; it was hard to keep my eyes on the road when her glossy lips were pursed together the way they would be when she got nervous. It was rare to see her nervous, so I could recognize it easily.

"I like that," Miss Roselyn mumbled— opening her phone with her freehand. ".. our day."

Her hand left mine as she placed her phone in the holder on the dashboard— Google Maps was on the screen.

"That's the address to my nail tech— we'll go there first, then get your studs, maybe something to eat." She explained.

I gave her thigh a squeeze. "Fine with me."

"You must love the fact I'm in a skirt, huh?" Miss Roselyn snickered.

"You're in skirts all the time," I commented. "just not skirts like these."

Miss Roselyn scoffed, "The 'easy access' skirts."

"Your words not mine." I hummed.

I followed the directions that came from Miss Roselyn's phone— turning right onto a street that would lead to the hotel I was staying at if the directions didn't tell me to turn left at the second to last turn.

I drove down the street until I found an empty spot to park in.
We could walk from there; the GPS said it was only two minutes away.

"I'll let you out." I told her and I gave her thigh one more squeeze before I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I walked over the other side and pulled open the passenger side door— Miss Roselyn smiled at me.