One

The Interview
_________________________________________

The Interview _________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"She's ready for you, Mr. Pierce."

I folded close the food magazine that I was pretending to read so that I could get 'education points'.
I looked up at the receptionist who hadn't even batted an eye at me while she clicked away at her computer.

"Oh," I set the magazine back on top of the stack and asked. "What floor will I be-"

She interjected, "-I'll have someone escort you, he should be here shortly."

I nodded as I stood up and my legs felt like jelly.
I glanced down at my watch, I did come here way earlier than I should've so I stayed in this waiting room for a long time.
I just wanted to make a good impression, this interview was a gift to me and it was either this or ending up working fast food due to my record.

"Hello Dee!" A shorter man with blond hair grinned as he came around corner. I had to assume he was an employee because of his identification card hanging on his lanyard.

Besides the fact that he was quite loud for what I expected from employees at this workplace, he also used a nickname of mine- which kind of threw me off. But he only walked right past me and up the to the receptionist desk.
"So what'dya need from me?" He asked.
I guess her being 'Dee' did make sense since her name tag did read 'Deonna Jefferson'.

Deonna nodded her head towards me, "He's here for an interview with Miss Sawyer, I need you to take him to her office."

The short man gave Deonna a thumbs up before walking over to me. I fixed my posture and chewed on my inner cheek as he eyed me down.
"...well you're hired," He huffed before he walked away and I followed closely next to him. "Oh! And my name is Harlan, but I prefer to be called Harley."

We left the waiting room into an area with employee break rooms, cubicles, meeting rooms, etc. I cleared my throat. "Well Harley, I'm Dominic...but uhm, what do you mean I'm hired?" I asked him.
"I have a knack for guessing who Miss Sawyer will hire or not, I'm usually right so you have about a...15% chance of getting not getting the job." Harlan explained right as we approached the elevator and the elevator the door opened.

A young woman with large, beady blue eyes that resembled a dolls walked out of the elevator. In her hands she had a cup holder with about eight different coffee's in it.
"Harley, would you like one?" She offered as the elevator door slid shut behind her.
Harlan replied with a wink, "How could I ever refuse you Reagan?"