Thirty-Seven

Taste
_________________________________________

Taste_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Miss Sawyer.. someone's here to see you."

I looked over at Miss Roselyn as we both walked into the office through the entrance.
Deonna sat behind her desk— nodding over towards the waiting area.

"Oh," Miss Roselyn murmured; she gave me a small shrug to express that she wasn't expecting anyone this morning. ".. well—"

"— Sorry I came on such short notice, Roselyn."

I furrowed my brows, recognizing that voice instantly, and looked over to my right— right there with a fur coat draped over his shoulders and black shades rested on the tip of his nose was Simon Parker.

"Parker?"

"Simon?"

Miss Roselyn and I shot each other a glance at the fact we both spoke at the same time.
Simon walked over to us— his golden chains and polished jewelry shimmering in the light of the room.

"I haven't seen ya in person in so long, kid," Simon grinned at me before he sent me a wink. ".. Roselyn been keepin' ya busy, huh? But shit, you've been dealt one hell of a hand as a newly hired bodyguard."

I stayed quiet for a moment before I muttered, ".. Of course you've heard, Simon."

"Ya love me, Dominic," He snickered while he patted my shoulder before focusing his attention of Miss Roselyn. ".. but ya— Roselyn, I haven't seen ya in person in I don't know how long," He paused— obviously thinking; he then whispered just loud enough for us three to hear. ".. last we talked was when I talked ya into giving Dominic an interview."

Miss Roselyn hummed, "You aren't wrong, Parker, 'nd that's one thing I'll thank you for."

It was odd seeing Simon in such a professional setting. I'd been around his work 'meetings'— I know what he does, I've seen him do it.

He'd put me on jobs before this one- nothing too crazy. I owed Simon more than I could voice when I was young, and I paid him back at that time; I'd rather not owe him as severely now in the present, which is why I was on my shit with paying him back— I don't even need him to pay for my hotel room anymore.

"Why are you here, Simon?" I asked simply and he rolled his eyes.

"Not for ya," He snickered— gesturing to Miss Roselyn. ".. but for Roselyn— I got something for ya, ma'am."