Fifty-One

Pry
_________________________________________

Pry_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

".. Dominic, we're not co-workers anymore I can't— bloody hell.."

Even though Alistair and I had our differences at the end of it all I didn't hate the guy. I didn't want to be the reason he got in trouble with Roselyn because when she was pissed, she was pissed.

I replied, "I'll delete your number after if you want— this is the last thing I'll ever ask you, Alistair."

And as much as I tried to convince Alistair I had other options— I only really had Simon. And Simon's methods would be.. more violent.

The line was quiet and I could a muffled groan before a series of what I guessed were curse words.

".. What's her name?"

I sighed, "Thank you, Alistair—"

"— I'm not here for that so just tell me her name," He grumbled. ".. I just clocked-out— got me doing this shit."

"Her name is Valerie Pierce." I told him.

"Does she have a middle name?"

"It's Valerie.. uh," I remember she didn't like her middle name for some reason— too long, too different. Our Mama loved it; it was our Abuela's name. ".. Valerie Mariposa Pierce— yeah, that's it." I recalled— what a big brother I was. I almost forgot her full name.

"How old is she?" He questioned.

I answered, "She should be twenty now."

I glanced over at Kirsten who was watching me curiously. I gave her a reassuring smile— I'm sure she had a lot to say to me.
When we were young I didn't mention my family much— maybe Valerie briefly here or there. If things ended up different, I think they would've gotten along pretty well.

I could hear scuffling in the background while I stood up with my bag.
I pulled the phone away from my ear and said, "I'll go get Alexander to be with you— I'm goin' to go unpack a little, alright KiKi?"

She only stared but I knew she was giving me the go ahead.
I made my way out of Kirsten's room and placed the phone back on my ear.
I asked, "You still there, Alistair?"

"Yes just," He sighed. "I'll text you my address if I found something worth mentioning, alright?"

I murmured, "Yeah, thats fine."