Eight

Derek Harrington
_________________________________________

Derek Harrington_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"You're grippin' that very hard.."

I glanced down at my hands, I hadn't even realized I was gripping the elevator handle so hard that my fingers were turning white from loss of bloodflow.

"Ah," I let go and stood up straight. "yeah, Miss Roselyn." I murmured with a slight chuckle.

I hate elevators.

Miss Roselyn stared at me for a moment before turning to face me completelty. She cracked a slight smile as she grabbed my hand, tracing her soft fingers over my palm.
I found myself gripping the elevator handle again as she looked up at me, her lips curling into that addictive pouty smile.

"That's cute." She hummed.

"What is?"

She continued, "That you're afraid of elevators."

How the hell did she know that?

"You may think you're not very expressive.. 'nd you're kinda right, not to be all philosophical, but your eyes in particular really do tell me everything I need to know, hun." Miss Roselyn explained, the tips of her fingers brushed over every calouse on my hand.

Everything?

Like even when Alistair claimed I was 'eye fucking' her.

"I purposefully try to be less expressive so I'll take what I can, Miss Roselyn."

"Why's that?"

"I was way too expressive as a kid.." I sighed.

"So lemme guess," She pressed her fingers deeper into my palm. "that's how you got such rough hands, sweetheart?"

My breath hitched as she traced her thumb over the tattoo peaking from under my sleeve..

"No," I scoffed. ".. I surprisingly had softer hands when I was younger. Those are from hard-labor," I let go of the handle and pointed to my ear. "that's from being to expressive, Miss Roselyn."

It took Miss Roselyn a minute to realize what I was referring to before she let out a surprised 'huh'.

"Did you do martial arts or were just a deliquent, Pierce?" She asked me, eyes full of curiousity.