Twelve

Champion
_________________________________________

Champion_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"The fuck are ya up to, kid?"

I pressed the phone close to my ear with my shoulder as I counted the money the ATM spit out for me.

"Cashing in my check for this week." I replied, folding the money and sliding it into my wallet..

"Ouuu.. soon you'll be payin me back, won't ya?" Simon said, I could hear the grin on his face.

"This is only my second pay check," I rolled my eyes. "but yeah, lucky for you, I should be able to handle my phone bill now, and you'll be getting your pay for the monthly car insurance."

"Very lucky for me," Simon repeated. "..can't believe I got a ya a job and ya managed to hold it for two weeks now," I rolled my eyes at his fake sniffling. "I'm so proud ya, kid!"

Yeah, two weeks and no developments who the hells been threatening Miss Roselyn. But, on a positive note, this 'Revenge' person made no new attempts since the last one they did on my first day.

"Hah.. alright I'll cashapp you later on," I told him. "I have some shit to do."

"What shit do ya have to do at 10:30PM?" Simon questioned.

"I do a lot." I huffed.

"Oh right," Simon corrected. "What shit do ya have to do outside of work?"

"Kirsten's Boxing Gym."

"Huh?"

"Exactly," I repeated. "..I'll cashapp you later on, Simon."

I hung up the phone and slid it in my pocket along with my wallet.
I had thought it over ever since I passed that place when I dropped Miss Roselyn off all those days ago- the decision to go back to that gym.
Not like I could ever rekindle my highschool boxing dreams, but I wanted to see if the place changed for the better or the worst.

Also I wanted to see Coach Trevor- it was eating me up not knowing how he felt about me. At one point I was his prized student and.. then that happened.

"Perfect time to get robbed." I said sarcastically as I began to walk down the sidewalk (it really was- not that I was worried.. it was just the stereotypical senario).

The privileges that came with ending my day right by Miss Roselyn's condo was that Kirsten's Boxing Gym was less than five minutes away.

Walking the city streets during night was risky but honestly it was the best time to. Everything was so dark but so bright at the same time- I would hurry down these sidewalks at one point, ready for another boxing lesson (skipping school sometimes which came with my own fair share of scolding from Coach).