Fifteen

Guest of Honor
_________________________________________

Guest of Honor_________________________________________

_________________________________________

ROSELYN

"I can still pick you up."

I rolled my eyes while I fumbled with my car keys.

"Pierce," I sighed- chewing on my bottom lip. "I'll be alright- my days are your days, so I've been handling work from my home."

"I didn't make things difficult for you did I?" Dominic asked, slightly hesistant.

"Today was going to be a slow day- that's why I agreed," I explained. "only a couple of virtual meetings which is why I said 3 to 5."

I paused, staring between my 'pretty baby' and my 'work baby' with a pout.

"Is this a work situation or a personal situation?" I asked Dominic- furrowing my brows together.

"Huh-"

"- Your match," I blurted out. ".. is this whole situation work or personal to you, hun?"

He hummed, "Personal- at least for me."

"Hmm," I pressed my finger on my chin and clicked my tongue- trying to decide which one to drive. ".. I'd rather not have my pretty baby bloody so.. work baby it is- I'll use my pretty baby tomorrow."

"Miss Roselyn-"

"- Ah," I interrupted, sliding the keys to my 'pretty baby' back in my pocket before using my other set of keys to unlock my 'work baby'. ".. I want you to hang up on my right now and go do whatever boxers do to prepare- you can even see my parkin' skills once this is over, sweetheart."

It was silent on his end of the line for a moment before I heard Dominic's light chuckle, "I'll be looking forward to it."

I scoffed, "You should be- I might be better than you at this point, hun." I opened the driver's side door and got in the seat (shutting the car door behind me).

"Yeah?" He scoffed- I could hear his smile yet I couldn't visualize it in my mind.

Maybe it was so genuine that my brain couldn't comprehend it, or the opposite, so fake that a picture couldn't be formed.

Whatever it was- it made me pause for a moment.

".. do you remember what I said on Tuesday, hun," I asked him. "..you have such a good memory, I'll be shocked if you forgot."

"Leave you entertained?"

I scoffed, "I did say that.. but, I also said 'don't get beat up too badly'- that's the one thing you truly need to remember."