Thirty

Protective
_________________________________________

Protective_________________________________________

_________________________________________

ROSELYN

"He's trending— on the cover of every news article."

I ranted to Alistair through my phone as I sat in the backseat of the work baby while Dominic drove to the company.

"Maybe this for the better, Miss Saywer," Alistair replied. ".. this takes the attention off of your back for a bit."

I sighed, "I'd agree with you if Jeremiah didn't tell the press that he was here to 'support my big sister durin' this rough and nervewrackin' time'," I pouted and rested my head against the seat while I stared out of the window. ".. every damn article may have his face on it but they're all really talkin' about me."

Alistair then added, "Last time Jeremiah was here he was all over the company like an inspector and he was just visiting you for fun," He paused with a sigh. ".. now Jeremiah actually has somewhat of a reason to snoop around— should we expect him today, Miss Sawyer?"

I frowned, ".. Definitely," Dominic then turned into the parking lot of the office. ".. oh we're here— I talk to you inside, Alistair. "

"Alright Miss Saywer, see you then."

I hung up the phone and Dominic swiftly eased into a parking space close to the entrance of the office.
I could see two or three journalists lurking— seeming to perk up at the sight of my work baby. Security stood outside of the doors while I collected my things and Dominic parked.

"JJ is gonna give you a hard time, sweetheart," I warned Dominic. ".. so.. I'm sorry in advance."

Dominic looked back at me. "It's fine, Roselyn. I work for you— all that matters to me is if you approve of how I do things." He sighed and got out of the car— shutting the door behind him.

I stared at my lap and held my phone tight in my hands— right, I was his boss.

The car door opened and Dominic stood there with his hand out for me to grab. I held it as I got out of the car and Dominic shut the door and locked my worked baby before we continiued to the entrance.

"Miss Sawyer, how to you feel about Mr. Jeremiah Sawyer's arrival?!"

Security was on them like that— forcing the journalists further away from me than they initially were.

"Miss Sawyer, does Mr. Jeremiah Sawyer know what's really happening?!"

I didn't bother to give them a glance and Dominic was hovering over me anyway (which I think played a factor in them staying as far away as they did to begin with) so I doubt they got a good look or decent pictures.