Sixteen

Pretty Baby
_________________________________________

Pretty Baby_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Why the fuck did I let him convice me to slick this shit back?"

I stood inside of Miss Roselyn's condo lobby and licked my finger before I pulled one of my gelled back curls loose on my forehead.

I had a short slickback phase in highschool because the girls seemed to like it, and I left it in highschool.

Well I thought I did.

Work was like any other day until it hit lunch- Miss Roselyn sent me home to give us both time to clean up a bit (she looked fine to me) before I would come to back to pick her up at 6PM for this dinner with the old, graying men.

Of course Simon called, like usual, and ranted on and on about how I needed to switch it up for tonight.
He told me this dinner was important- that the old, graying men judge everything.
Even the bodygaurds, the personal bodyguards more so, which is the category I seemed to fall under the longer I worked for Miss Roselyn.

I didn't care about what they thought about me- I just didn't want to fuck up her chances at a good deal, collaberation, etc.

Slowly, though, I was starting to regret it.

The elevator let out a 'ding' as the automatic doors slid open.

God I hate elevators, but the orange light that one allumated onto Miss Roselyn's brown skin as she stepped out onto the the tile drowned out the nausea.

"You're all dressed up, Miss Sawyer," The receptionist, an older woman, giggled as Miss Roselyn scurried towards her and handed her her keys. ".. going somewhere special?"

Fucking fuck.

She was dressed up alright- every part of her looked like it was precisely put together. Though it wasn't perfection, but instead every imperfection of hers that made it seem that way. Like how every damn loose frizz that parted from her curls seemed to make her look more put together.

Miss Roselyn pouted, "Unfortunately.."

She turned in my direction and tilted her head to the side with pursed lips before her eyes slightly widdened.

"Pierce? You," Miss Roselyn walked over towards me with a small, white handband tightly in her grip. Her long lashes fluttered over brown, doe eyes as she looked up at me. ".. holy shit- you really look different. It's not bad though.. you remind me of a lil mobster."