Six

Alliance
_________________________________________

Alliance_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Don't expect too much, even I don't know everything about what happened."

I sighed, "Bueno, a falta de pan, casabe..."

Alistair raised a brow.

"Take it as.. make do with what you have." I explained to him.

He shrugged, "Whatever," Alistair glanced over at Harley once again before looking back at me. "The article itself was mostly just a bunch of loose threats, and I'm sure you know about the whole 'Revenge' pen name situation."

I nodded, so the article wasn't about a scandal.

"And in the job interview I would hope you became aware of Miss Sawyers past fifteen bodyguards,"

I said, "Yeah I'm aware."

"So," Alistair continued. "Ah fuck this feels wrong, I was told by Miss Sawyer that her first bodyguard.. y'know."

Oh.

Oh.

She had a bodyguard die?

Fucking fuck.

"I hate being Mr. Detective, but I honestly think this is all connected somehow, but Miss Sawyer doesn't talk about him at all. The only reason she told me was because she was drinking like a bitch that night. I don't even think she knows that I know." Alistair murmured and I furrowed my brows.

"If a man died how is this not more common knowledge? Was it covered up.. is there not even a single file of his employment?" I questioned.

"I may or may not have done some snooping and there's not a single newspaper, online article, or news broadcasting about a bodyguard dying under her employment." He whistled, avoiding any kind of eye contact.

"So what if she just made it up while drunk?"

"Could be possible." Alistair murmured.

"So that's it? A guy potentially died under Miss Roselyn's employment and now she's receiving threats what I assume is years later?" I questioned.

"Hey," Alistair huffed. "I already told you I don't know a lot. And don't go around trying to play detective either. You've been here one day, Dominic. Miss Sawyer deals with threats all the time, it's apart of being her."
Alistair scolded me after he stuck out his hand, "Now promise me you won't do anything stupid."

I stared down at his hand, "If stupid shit has to be done in order to do my job and protect her then I'm going to do something stupid."

"I respect your honesty, but hurry up and shake my fucking hand, Dominic." Alistair said through gritted teeth, before he curled his lips into a tight smile.
I then noticed through the corner of my eye Miss Roselyn walking down the hall. I quickly clasped my hand around Alistair's and nodded, acting we were talking business or something.

"There you are," Miss Roselyn pouted, stopping in front of us and me and Alistair both broke the handshake. "'nd Alistair, I don't remember you bein' the one that hired, Pierce?"

He gripped his IPad and chuckled, "I assure you he all yours, Miss Sawyer."

"Mhm...anyways I have great news, hun," Miss Roselyn smiled. "Me and Bonnie settled things and tomorrow we're going to meet up and by meeting up I mean, I'm goin' swimmin' at her place and your comin' with."

"Swimming?"

She nodded, "Swimmin'.. so Alistair, clear my schedule."

Alistair replied, "Yes ma'am."

"And you," Miss Roselyn said, looking back at me. "Make sure to bring a swimsuit, sweetheart."

I felt my lips part as if I was going to speak but not a word came out. Alistair looked like he holding in a laugh as Miss Roselyn placed her hand on my bicep.

"I'm kiddin', hun. You always haveta be professional." She explained.

"Well surprise.. surprise... I actually didn't leave for Pierce, really I just need to borrow Harley for a sec," she walked past us both and motioned for Harley to come with her. "I'll be back for you though, hun so don't go runnin' off too far." Miss Roselyn cooed and Harley quickly left his desk, he was glued to her hip.

I watched as they turned the corner towards the elevator, and bit my bottom lip.

"Stop eying down my boss," Alistair grumbled and I glanced over at him. "the way you try to eyefuck her with those green eyes of yours makes me sick."

I rolled my eyes, "I just look at her.. can I not look at our boss?"

"You can't be that clueless? Do you not do it on purpose..." He questioned.

I shook my head, my gaze may linger on Miss Roselyn here or there but I don't intentionally try to strip her down with my eyes or something. Shit, Simon pointed out the same thing when I zoned out and just found myself staring at one of his girls.

"That makes me dislike you more." Alistair sighed and I clicked my tongue.

"But we still have a deal right?" I asked him.

Alistair nodded.

"Good. So I'll go back to Miss Roselyn's office-"

"-Isn't there something you'd like to know about for tomorrow..?" Alistair interjected.

I shrugged, "Is there something I should know..."

"At the pool party, there will most likely be Derek Harrington there." He said.

"Who?"

"He's known Miss Sawyer since she moved to Manhattan. Before she hired me as her assistant, before she started the company. I hate his guts but he's the chatty type, get him drunk enough and he'll spill. Maybe he knows more about this shit." Alistair suggested to me..

"Thanks for the heads up but how the hell am I supposed to do that?" I asked him in a sarcastic tone.

Alistair smirked, "He hates any bodyguard Miss Sawyer has, even more than I hate him. Just rile him up and get him drunk."

"And why does he hate her bodyguards?"

A snort came from Alistair, "It's stupid really," he giggled. "..Miss Sawyer rejected his offer to be her first ever bodyguard."

I scoffed, getting that guy angry would be easy as shit.

I thanked Alistair again and walked back down the hall. I looked down at my palm, the hand that I shook his hand with. Like I said, me and Alistair's dislike for each other was very mutual but I knew he cared more about Miss Roselyn than anything else.

Maybe my alliance with him wouldn't be all that bad.

1,106 words.

I'm back with a short chapter. Damn, I'm back on like almost every platform now.

Anyways Dominic has seductive eyes confirmed, no not the 'I'm gonna fuck you' eyes, but genuine, begging 'I wanna hit that so bad' eyes. It's just natural- he doesn't have to want you to give you that look. To give a good example irl for you bums, Neymar Jr's eyes.