Twenty-Five

Trigger Happy
_________________________________________

Trigger Happy_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

"Roselyn, I'm here."

I kept my phone close to my ear as I stood inside the lobby of her condo. The receptionist was eyeing me when I said Miss Roselyn's name— she was the same receptionist who was there the night Miss Roselyn and I slept together.
I think she knew (which worried me a bit) but I also think she doesn't have any malice towards Miss Roselyn to start rumors.

We didn't really think through the whole going up to her condo together  and leaving together the next day.

"M'kay hun, I'll be down in a minute," Miss Roselyn replied with a hum. ".. see you soon."

I responded, "See you soon."

She then hung up and I slid my phone in my pocket.

Miss Roselyn wasn't joking when she said she wanted to learn how to properly shoot a gun tomorrow (well today now), and if I didn't know a spot we'd have to travel out of Manhatten to find a shooting range.

The elevator made a 'ding' before the doors slid open.
Miss Roselyn stepped out in probably the most casual outfit she had ever worn around me. She was wearing a velvety tracksuit that was a soft shade of green and it was zipped up slightly. I say slightly because I could see some of her cleavage peaking out from above the open zipper, and she was wearing a pair of Adidas.

Miss Roselyn chatted it up with the receptionist before she handed the woman her keys.
I pressed my lips together in a thin line— she had her thick curls tied up in that bun that I, for some reason, found so atrractive on her.

"Dominic," Miss Roselyn waved 'bye' to the receptionist before she walked over towards me. ".. good afternoon, sweetheart." She said with a smile.

Right.. it was the afternoon.

"Good afternoon, Roselyn." I replied.

Miss Roselyn pursed her lips together, ".. We're taking my pretty baby."

"This is that special of an occasion?" I snickered.

Miss Roselyn nodded with a fake-gasp, "This is very important, hun."

"I'm aware, but I'm also surprised that learning how to shoot is 'pretty baby' worthy." I say only loud enough for her to hear.

She poked my chest, "Where are we going exactly, hun?"

"Not far." I hummed.

Miss Roselyn cracked a pouty smile and placed her finger over her lips. ".. Oh I see— you're tryna be secretive." She scoffed playfully while we both walked towards the exit.