Twenty-Four

Bonnie Lovell
_________________________________________

Bonnie Lovell_________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

".. Miss Sawyer is this really the best idea?"

Alistair whispered to her while we both walked towards the exit side of the doors on the first floor.

"Alistair, I'll be fine," She told him for the fifth time. Miss Roselyn tugged on my sleeve and squinted at Alistair. ".. Dominic will be with me— and I'm only going to talk with Bonnie, that's it."

Alistair didn't argue anymore and I pushed open the door for Miss Roselyn— allowing her through while Alistair stayed on the otherside.

"I don't like this as much as you do." I confessed to him while Miss Roselyn pecked on her phone a good distance away from us.

Alistair hissed, "If she gets hurt—"

"— You'll find me in a bodybag before you ever find a scratch on her under my protection." I reassured him.

Alistair only gave me a slight nod before he turned around and walked back deeper into the office.
I let the door close as I walked over towards Miss Roselyn.

"What were you two talking about?" She asked while we walked towards her car.

"I asked if he wanted to join us outside before he left since he was so worried," I pulled out her car keys from my pocket and unlocked the car. ".. as you can see, he said no." I replied— it wasn't all the truth but it wasn't a complete lie either.

I stuck out my hand for Miss Roselyn to hold as she stepped down from the curb— she giggled and gave it a small squeeze.

"Is this our thing now," She pointed out, letting go of my hand. ".. treatin' me like I'm some princess."

"I like to think of it as the bare minimum," I said. ".. but if you want to be treated like a princess I'll treat you like one."

Miss Roselyn stared at me for a moment before she smiled that pouty smile, "I'm riding passenger."

I opened the passenger side door for her and once Miss Roselyn got in the car I shut the door behind her.
Treating her like a princess— maybe I was, but I was being honest when I told her that in my opinion what I do for her was the bare minimum. I was taught to do things like that for women in heels, it was how I was raised.

And I was curious about where we were going to meet Bonnie. I knew she worked at NY Times but the main NY Times facility was in New York City and Miss Roselyn didn't mention us heading all the way over there (it wasn't that far but still).

𝙰𝙿𝙷𝚁𝙾𝙳𝙸𝚃𝙴'𝚂 𝙱𝙾𝙳𝚈𝙶𝚄𝙰𝚁𝙳On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara