The wedding - Robb Stark

My breath quickened as I strolled down the aisle beside my father, my hands tightly grasping his arm while the veil over my head masked my true emotions.

As we came to a stop, my heart raced when my father unveiled me. Keeping my gaze lowered for a moment, I finally met his surprised eyes as I knelt on the floor in front of him.

"Your grace, I hope I am not a disappointment to you," I uttered with weariness, meeting his eyes. He leaned down, taking my hands in his and assisting me as I stood before him.

"You are a delight to me, my lady," he replied, eliciting a smile from me. Despite knowing that he didn't desire this union and that my father had practically coerced us into this marriage, I hoped it wouldn't be utterly miserable.

"You may now cloak the bride and place her under your protection" Removing the cloak from his back he gently draped it over my shoulders. Glancing at my father, I noticed him nodding approvingly at Robb as they shared a look.

Turning my attention to Robb, I found him seeking reassurance from his mother, who offered him a small smile. We intertwined our hands as the Septon tied the ribbon around our wrists, and even without looking, I could sense his eyes on me.

As we began reciting our vows, I faced him "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger I am hers (I am his) and she is mine (he is mine) from this day until the end of my days" we declared in unison.

Applause filled the hall as the ceremony concluded. It was a bittersweet moment, the grand wedding I had dreamed of since childhood was unfolding, yet I was marrying a man I had never met before today.

The grandeur of the wedding festivities enveloped us as we found ourselves seated at a lavishly adorned table. Despite the celebratory atmosphere, my father's disapproving gaze found its way to me, accompanied by a directive to "smile more, child, don't dampen the mood." Discomfort settled in, threatening to overshadow the otherwise joyous occasion.

Robb, seated beside me, noticed my unease and, with a protective instinct, spoke up in my defence "The joy of the occasion is reflected in her eyes, she need not smile more if that's what she wishes" he asserted with a calm yet firm tone. His words carried an undeniable weight, silencing my father momentarily.

As my father grumbled in response, Robb's mother, sitting across from us, interjected with a kind compliment. "You look absolutely radiant, my dear, your presence has added a special glow to this celebration," she said, offering a genuine smile that eased some of the tension in the air.

Feeling Robb's warm hand enveloping mine under the table, I found comfort in his silent reassurance. As the festivities continued, the exchanges between our families became more convivial, and I gradually eased into the role of a newlywed bride.

"You needn't worry anymore, my dear," he whispered tenderly into my ear. I blushed slightly, nodding meekly in response to his comforting words, as soft laughter escaped him.

The unease that had marked the beginning of the evening slowly dissipated, replaced by a genuine sense of connection that hinted at the potential for something more than a mere contractual alliance.

♥♥♥

No red at this wedding 🤭👀