Glimpse of us - Jon Snow

Tell me he savors your glory, does he laugh the way I did? Is this a part of your story? One that I had never lived maybe one day you'll feel lonely and in his eyes, you'll get a glimpse maybe you'll start slipping slowly and find me again.

His gaze remained unwavering whenever my husband and I shared a space, the intensity of his stare sometimes overwhelmed by a palpable sense of longing.

"This is Jon Snow, Eddard Stark's son," I stated, meeting his sorrowful gaze, "an old friend of mine," the words proved challenging to escape. My husband firmly shook his hand, offering a polite smile. "A pleasure to meet you," he greeted.

Pain emanated from Jon's eyes as he introduced his wife, Ygritte, a stunning redhead who wrapped her arm around him. Despite the uneasy feeling in my stomach, I greeted her with a warm smile.

Jon and I transcended the boundaries of old friends, our connection surpassed the ordinary, our conversations and actions beyond the realm of mere friendship. Friends wouldn't do what we did.

Jaime softly kissed my head, breaking the silence, and asking if I was alright, my response was a subtle nod followed by a big smile.

"We'll leave you two to catch up," Ygritte declared, and before I could object, both she and Jaime had walked away.

A moment of silence lingered between Jon and me before he broke it. "How have you been?" he inquired. "Good, what about you?" I responded.

"So, is this what we've become?" he asked, and I sighed. The awkwardness dissolved, replaced by a tense air. "It's challenging, I know, but we've both moved on," I pointed out. "I love Jaime with all my heart, and I can sense you feel the same for Ygritte.

"All your heart?" he asked, his words hanging in the air. I inhaled deeply before nodding slowly. "Have you never felt like you were slipping, never believed you would find me again?" he rushed out his words barely above a whisper, yet impactful.

"So, are you only passing time?" I matched the tone of his voice. "Hoping to find a glimpse of us?" I continued. Despite the physical distance between us, our words felt like betrayal, infidelity hanging in the air like a heinous accusation.

"If I am," he said, testing the waters. "What if I say every time I look at her, I'm thinking of you? Would you say the same?" he asked, taking a step closer, diminishing the distance between us.

"If I say it, it becomes true," I mirrored his actions. "And if we act on it, we ruin years of healing," I added, feeling his fingertips brush against the back of my hand. "We are lying to ourselves," he stated.

"We will have to continue to lie," I said, glancing at my husband engaged happily in conversation with Ygritte, both blissfully unaware of the strain lingering in the air near their loved ones.

"So, this is it," Jon muttered, his eyes searching for something profound to say.

I nodded, the weight of our shared history palpable. "We've made our choices, Jon It's for the best."

He took a deep breath, his eyes meeting mine. "I never thought it would come to this."

"Nor did I," I admitted, feeling the gravity of our decisions settling in.

A moment of silence lingered, broken only by the distant hum of the feast. "Maybe in another life," Jon mused, a wistful smile playing on his lips "Maybe," I replied, my heart echoing the sentiment.

The space between us grew, physical and metaphorical, as we sought comfort in the arms of those we had chosen to build our futures with and in that final glance, a glance full of regret, longing and pain. We acknowledged the price of our choices, a silent farewell to a chapter that could never be reopened.

Cause sometimes I look in her eyes and that's where I find a glimpse of us and I try to fall for her touch but I'm thinking of the way it was, said I'm fine and said I moved on I'm only here passing time in her arms hoping I'll find a glimpse of us.

♥♥♥ 

This song always brings back such nostalgic feelings 😣🤞🏼