Market mayhem - Jaime Lannister

"Are you sure I can't punch him in the face?" I asked as the man sat on the ground bound by the hands but still smirking.

A simple market stroll turned sideways when a passerby yelled profanities at me for bumping into him. The situation escalated, and he attempted to strike me when Jaime stepped in.

His attempts at fighting Jaime were all futile, and he was now bound by rope on the floor as we awaited more men to transport him.

"Yes, I'm sure," Jaime said, standing between me and the glaring man, who seemed far too inebriated despite it being midday.

"What if I break his nose a little?" I asked, testing the waters as the man continued scowling at me for an honest mistake.

"Stupid bitch," he mumbled, and my mouth opened wide upon hearing the words. "Break it," was all Jaime said, and I swiftly punched the man, immediately retreating my hand, wincing in pain at the impact.

"Why would you let me do that?" I asked, shaking my hand in an attempt to ease the pain. Jaime stared at me with his eyes wide in disbelief.

I looked at the man, now nursing a bloody nose, and eased at the sight a little. "Seems like it was worth it," he pointed out as the man groaned in pain.

Jaime grabbed my hand, inspecting it with a focused look on his face. "Nothing seems broken," he mumbled, and I pulled my hand away from him. "It's fine, the pain practically disappeared once I saw the look on his face after," I said, just as the guard came back with more guards.

Two of them swiftly picked up the protesting man and took him away so he could most likely await his punishment in a cell.

The two of us began walking back to the Red Keep. I already knew I was in for an earful from my father Jon Arryn, who was the king's hand.

"So when my father asks, I did not give him that bloody nose," I said once we entered through the gates. "Then who did?" Jaime asked, and I raised an eyebrow, saying, "You," plainly.

"Please," I added, holding my hands together, "you already know he doesn't like me going out like that. This'll give him more of a reason to keep me in this building until I'm wedded," I said as Jaime had an amused look on his face.

"So he thinks I'm not competent enough to protect his daughter?" he said, placing his arms on my back and pulling me towards him. I gasped at his bold movements. "Stop it," I hissed, attempting to break free from his hold.

"Y/n," a voice thundered, and another gasp escaped my lips as I pushed Jaime away with force, coming into contact with my father who had an unamused look on his face. "Yes, Father," I replied, bowing my head a little, as Jaime laughed next to me.

"How many times have I told you that the markets are an unsafe place?" he started, lifting my head with his hand so I would look at him. "You could've been hurt," he added, and I shook my head.

"I was with Jaime and another guard I brought people with me," I protested as he tutted. "Still," he said, as he began walking, continuing his lecture. I walked with him, turning back to face Jaime, who mouthed 'good luck' to me as he continued laughing.

He was so going to pay for that later.

♥♥♥

🤧🤧

🤧🤧