Combat lessons - Jaime Lannister

I stood on the balcony, silently observing the courtyard below where my daughter and son were engrossed in combat training. Their instructor offered guidance, turning the exercise into a dance of swords and skill.

Strong arms wrapped around me from behind, and I melted into the familiar touch. "Deep in thought, my lady?" Jaime murmured, resting his chin on my shoulder, his gaze fixed on our children.

"Just watching," I replied as he moved to stand beside me, leaning on the balcony.

He turned to face me, his back to the courtyard. "I never got to ask," he began, genuine curiosity in his eyes. "Why did you insist on both our son and daughter engaging in combat training?"

A smile played on my lips, appreciating how Jaime respected and embraced my decisions. "I want our daughter to have the same chances of defending herself as our son," I explained, memories from the past resurfacing. "I don't want her to ever be vulnerable."

His gaze grew more intense, concern evident. "Is there something you're not telling me?" he inquired. I shook my head, taking his hands in mine. "It's nothing to worry about anymore," I reassured, longing to put the shadows of the past behind us.

"I just never want her to feel how I felt that day," I confided as Jaime's expression shifted from concern to anger "but we are not going to be having that conversation," I added, calming him down and deftly taking his hand in mine.

"I believe you would see to it that neither of our children are ever troubled in the future," I remarked. "No one would dream of harming my family," he asserted as we continued to watch our children train.

"What are we watching?" another voice chimed in. Bronn appeared, positioning himself between Jaime and me, casually placing an arm on both our shoulders. I chuckled as Jaime groaned.

"You have five seconds to get your hands off my wife before I flip you over this balcony," Jaime threatened, and Bronn shot him an annoyed look. "Oh, I would quite like to see that happen," I remarked, placing Bronn's arm back on my shoulders.

"See, now this doesn't count," Bronn protested as Jaime grabbed his shoulders.

"Mommy!" a voice called from below, and I looked down to see my daughter vying for my attention. "Yes, my love?" I responded, and she announced, "I think I'm getting better now."

"How about we start easy with a little match with Uncle Bronn and see how well you do?" I teased, and Bronn grumbled next to me.

Our daughter sighed from below and shook her head "I need a challenge" she said and I laughed as I watched Bronn's face drop.

"You've birthed another one of yourself," Bronn remarked as he observed. "Well, isn't that great?" I said, and he shook his head. "Not for this guy," he added, pointing at Jaime.

"He couldn't have asked for anything better," I said, and Jaime nodded in agreement. "It's true," he acknowledged "The gods chose well for me."

"Now, how about we find you, someone," I suggested as the three of us began walking back inside. 

"Preferably someone just like you," Bronn teased, watching as Jaime raised his eyebrows. "You can start running now," Jaime quipped as Bronn sped up in front of us.

♥♥♥

Bronn had chemistry with like everyone 🤌🏼