Near death confessions - Gendry Baratheon

From a distance, I admired the blacksmith, a man of mystery whose name, house, and background remained elusive. All that was certain was his striking handsomeness.

"Inside," my father's voice resonated in my ear, prompting an eye roll from me as we entered one of Winterfell's many chambers. "I've reiterated countless times to remain indoors and steer clear of others," he scolded, and I sighed, arms crossed in defiance.

"I feel useless," I muttered, earning a matching sigh from him as he mirrored my stance, running a hand through his hair. "It's just that I worry about you," he spoke softly. "Our family name has inflicted too much pain, and I fear someone will take that out on you."

"I understand. I'm sorry," I replied, bowing my head. He embraced me, pulling me into a brief hug.

My father was Jaime Lannister, once a brave knight whose courage now seemed to wane. We departed King's Landing after my father's sister refused reason, our exit a covert manoeuvre to evade her interference.

Despite being my aunt, she harboured a deep resentment towards me, a constant reminder of my father's past with a woman other than her. Our departure marked a new chapter, escaping the shadows of familial complexities and venturing into the unknown to do the morally correct thing.

—————

"You're the hidden Lannister," the familiar face remarked as he emerged into view. Panic flashed across my face, the statement carried an ominous undertone, not something someone utters without questionable intentions.

"Whoa, calm down," he hastily interjected, observing my alarmed expression. "I'm not gonna hurt you," he added, trying to reassure.

"Who are you?" I questioned, taking a step back only to feel the stone wall behind me. "I'm Gendry, the blacksmith you're always staring at," he replied. "I don't stare," I defended, and he chuckled, "Whatever you want to believe, my lady."

"What do you want?" I inquired. "Nothing just wanted to see the girl who's always watching me up close," he said, stepping closer, and my hands instinctively pressed against the wall as if trying to push it back.

"Okay, you've seen me. Now, be on your way," I said, still sceptical of his motives. "Not so fast," he remarked. "I wanted to ask if there was a reason you watched me if there was a reason you remained inside these walls so much," he whispered, his face inches from mine.

"I don't watch you," I repeated, and he placed his hands on either side of my head, leaning down. "And I remain inside by my father's wishes," I declared, meeting his gaze to conceal any hint of fear.

"Jaime Lannister's daughter," he said, testing the sound of it. "Well then, what can I do for you?" he asked, his voice laced with confidence.

"What?" I questioned, confusion spreading across my face. "What do you want from me?" he repeated, indicating his readiness to comply with any request.

My face reddened despite the cool air. "Have you been with a woman?" I asked, and he stammered, "Yes," uncertainty lingering in his answer.

"We're probably going to die soon," I began, "I want to know what it's like before that happens," I finished.

His expression changed it was like he was thinking and then he inhaled sharply before pulling me in for a kiss, his hands fumbling with the knots on my dress. I gently pushed him away, exclaiming, "Here?" with a bewildered look. He laughed, "I apologize, I forgot you Lannisters have high standards."

He pulled away, grabbing my hand and leading the way to a quieter room. "Sorry, I'm not the type to want to put on a show out in the open," I mumbled as he laughed loudly, the sound echoing through the corridors. If my father could see me now, he would surely lose his mind.

♥♥♥

If only Jaime could see 😡