The lion and the rose - Jaime Lannister

Forbidden love was a realm Jaime was no stranger to. 

Jaime, loyal to House Lannister, and I, loyal to House Tyrell.

Our first meeting was brief, but to anyone with eyes, it was obvious that the attraction was immediate. Jaime Lannister, the golden lion and fearless knight, and I, the delicate rose known for my cultivated grace.

House Tyrell was known for being wealthy and politically savvy, whereas House Lannister was known for being cunning and clever.

"Our houses have a solid alliance," I remarked, my fingers gently weaving through Jaime's honey-blonde locks, the soft strands dancing between them. "Maybe this relationship wouldn't be such a bad thing," I mused, drawing a low hum of agreement from him. The subtle warmth of his presence offered a comforting contrast to the weight of our noble obligations

"Until my sister finds a way to claw out your grandmother's throat," Jaime countered, injecting a note of caution. Despite the apparent success of my sister's marriage to Tommen, the alliance felt akin to a ship navigating treacherous waters.

"Tommen adores my sister, he wouldn't let his mother do that," I asserted, brushing off the faint hint of worry that flickered across Jaime's face.

"Jaime," a voice snapped, pulling my attention away from our moment. I looked up to find Cersei standing there, her expression grim. Jaime immediately rose to his feet, staring at his sister like a deer caught in headlights.

Cersei turned her narrow gaze toward me. "Do you mind if I speak to Jaime? We have pressing matters to discuss," she said, and I nodded calmly, though I couldn't appreciate the hostile undertone she was injecting into the air.

She walked away without casting another glance in my direction, and Jaime, looking back at me with a brief apologetic mouthing of "sorry," followed her like a lost puppy. I sighed, left in the wake of an atmosphere heavy with unspoken tensions.

It was no secret that Cersei didn't like the Tyrell women me included.

—————

"Where are we going?" I giggled as Jaime led me through the gardens of the Red Keep.

"Somewhere quiet," he answered without turning to look at me, the smile wiped from my face as a sense of unease permeated the air.

"We can't do this anymore," Jaime said, and I swallowed, holding back tears. "What do you mean?" I asked, placing my hands on his chest.

"This relationship won't work, no matter what you think," he declared. "Why? Tommen and my sister are perfectly fine," I argued as a couple of tears escaped, rolling down my face.

"We are not Tommen and Margaery, okay?" he said, almost angry, and I pulled my hands back, frowning at his sudden change in demeanour. Despite being known as the Kingslayer and the Golden Lion, Jaime had always been nothing but kind and gentle with me.

"I'm sorry, but I can't carry on," he said, stepping back. "I can't keep going on, knowing this will lead nowhere," he added.

"So everything meant nothing to you?" I asked, still unable to summon anger toward the man I loved.

"Don't make this any harder than it needs to be," he said, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "It doesn't have to be hard," I insisted, but he shook his head.

"I'm done, and that's final," he said, his words clawing at my heart. I couldn't help but feel Cersei's influence responsible for the end of this relationship.

"Please, don't do this," I pleaded, reaching out to grasp Jaime's hand. Instead, he retreated, shaking his head. Without a second glance back, he left me standing there in the garden, alone and devastated.

Tears prickled down as my body shook with silent sobs, the garden bearing witness to the fragments of a love that had unravelled like delicate threads slipping through trembling fingers.

The thorns once hidden behind the allure now surfaced and no one other than Jaime Lannister was responsible for that.

In his mind the words of his sister were on repeat "You will break off whatever this is" she announced "Don't make me give her the same fate you gave the Stark kid" she threatened.

The sound of my sobs became distant as he walked away leaving behind the one woman he had grown to truly love.

♥♥♥

cersei 🤝🏼 making sure the Tyrell women are unhappy 🌹🦁