Chapter 87: Weapon XI: Part 1

We open on a barn, of which Alan Albright walks towards and enters. Closing the door behind himself, he transforms into his Pyronite form and lights a lantern from afar, brightening the barn. He reverts back to his human form and begins tinkering with a truck. As he tightens a bolt on the underside of the vehicle, someone opens the barn doors, prompting him to get up and find Kevin, (F/N), Rosie, Argit and Zed.

(F/N): Hey match head.

Kevin: Hey, Alan. Long time.

Alan: What do you want, Kevin and Ally? Last time you two showed up, you both drained my power.

Kevin: Yeah. Sorry about that.

(F/N): Our bad.

Alan: Sorry?! *sarcastically* Oh, goodness me. Kevin and Kelly Levin are sorry. Let's go grab a pie from the windowsill, cut us a couple of slices and let bygones be bygones.

Argit: *oblivious* Wait a minute- there's pie? *Gets smacked by (F/N)’s tail* Ow!

Kevin: Look, Alan, we really are sorry.

(F/N): And we're just here to talk- honest.

Alan: Nothing to talk about. Now, I'd appreciate it if you guys turned around and got off my property.

Kevin: Okay, okay. No talkin'. How about I show you?

Kevin reveals to Alan the energy he had absorbed from Servantis jolting around his fingers. As he draws closer, Alan transforms into his Pyronite form and jumps back.

Alan: Back off!

Kevin, surprised by Alan's reaction, hides his hand and is tail smacked by (F/N).

Kevin: Ow! What was that for?

(F/N): For being an idiot.

Argit: Oh, lose the barbecue, kid. You're not in any danger.

Suddenly, something crashes through the wall of the barn. The dust settles, revealing it to be Agent Swift.

Argit: Okay, now you're in danger.

Swift surveys her surroundings, seeing both Kevin, (F/N), and Alan are present.

Swift: Looks like we got ourselves an old-fashioned hootenanny.

Kevin, (F/N), Rosie, and Zed are sent flying out of the barn by one of Swift's neuroshock blasts, who in turn is sent through the roof by a stream of Alan's fire, taking the fight outside. Alan exits the barn, hurling fireballs at Swift, who is able to effortlessly dodge the attacks and retaliate. Argit, assuring his safety, sneaks out of the barn and passes by Kevin and (F/N).

Argit: Well, you win some, you lose some. It's not like we didn't try. Que será, será.

Kevin notices a piece of the barn door Argit is walking over and pulls it out from under him, absorbing it's properties.

Kevin: Hang on, Alan!

(F/N): Help is on the way! *To Argit* And you! You're not going anywhere!

Argit: *Gulps* Gotcha.

Alan, still dodging Swift's lasers, fires at Kevin and (F/N) which they are able to avoid.

Kevin: Hey! I'm made out of wood!

(F/N): What's your problem?

Alan: My problem? Only all of this!

Swift shoots another laser, hitting and igniting the tree next to Alan.

Kevin: We're trying to save you.

Alan: Right. You, (F/N), Argit, a green alien cat thing, some weird alien-dog thing, and your new Jetray girlfriend here?