Chapter 63: Urban Jungle

Here we open to a fly flying around before being eaten by a Venus fly trap.

Cut out to show Sam in a greenhouse, standing next to the Venus fly trap with a watering can.

Sam: Take it easy, DeMilo. *waters the Venus fly trap* That's your third fly this morning. And you know you're watching your cholesterol. *She puts the watering can down and walks over to a basket.* Hmm, I'm feeling international today. *She grabs a wicker basket and walks around the greenhouse. She picks fruits from various plants, speaking to them as she does.* Heh, thanks Sunny. Merci Piere. Kukurasamamayo yashi Yoshi. Nice when countries can come together for a mutual cause. *Pours the basket of fruit into her lunchbox.* Namely my lunch.

Tucker and Danny walk in, leaving the door wide open behind them. Danny is wearing his winter coat, arms wrapped around himself but still shivering and his teeth chattering.

Tucker: Hey Sam. Ready for school? *Danny's teeth are chattering as he says this*

Sam: Close the door. Cold air is not good for the plants. *Running to the open door.* The humidity opens their pores. *She slams the door shut.* It could help you sweat off a few inches too Mr. Pie-for-breakfast.

Tucker: And that's wrong, why? *Puts his hands on his stomach*

Danny: *Shivering* It's like a meat locker to me. Can you turn up the heat?

Sam: What's with you? It must be 95 degrees

here.

Danny: I-I dunno. Ever since I got up this morning I just can't seem to get warm. *Danny's hand brushes Tucker's arm*

Tucker: *Shivers* Man I've heard of ghosts

sending chills up your spine but this is too weird.

Danny: *A fly flies across his face as he speaks* I bet I'm coming down with a bug.

DeMilo eats the fly. Tucker sidles up next to the plant.

Tucker: Awesome! A veggie that hates veggies as much as I do.

Sam: *Chuckles* Let's go guys. *Scolding DeMilo* No dessert for you tonight, mister. *Notices (F/N), Paulina and Rosie aren't here* *To Danny* Hey where's (F/N) and Paulina?

Danny: They called in sick, said something about Paulina being cold too.

Sam: Figures. At least school will be shallow witch free.

Tucker: Sam come on.

Sam: Fine, I hope, not really, she gets better. Now let's go.

Sam turns to leave and Tucker follows. Danny is still shivering furiously, and as he walks past the table of plants, a wave of cold comes off him and freezes DeMilo.

We then cut to construction workers cutting down trees and tearing the land away as the trio saw this as they were walking to school.

Sam: Ugh. Urban blight. *sarcastically* So thrilled to live in the 21st century.

Tucker: Me too! That new arcade in the new strip mall next to the new hot dog place looks awesome. And new.

Danny: *laughs* I know. Besides Sam there's nothing wrong with a little p-p-progress.

Tucker: Yeah, Vlad's new beautification campaign is very progressive.

Sam: No. Just progressively worse. Seriously, messing too much with nature can be a dangerous thing.

Just as Sam finishes their conversation with that statement, almost on-cue, the ground suddenly cracks open and reveals plants and vines. From that fischer emerges a tower of plants that systematically puts itself together and covers itself with a shell of leaves and from those leaves emerges the giant plant monster, Undergrowth, the ghost master of all things plant life and vegetation. Infuriated over his "children" constantly being run down, he unleashes his full fury on the construction site,