Chapter 49: Double Cross My Heart

Here we see a small ghost laughing and flying around the town. Skulker emerges from the street and activates his goggles. He watches the small ghost.

Skulker: Well, it's a minor prize. But any prey is good prey!

Skulker flies off as a scared man watches him.

Skulker: Boo.

Man: AHH!

Skulker flies off and chases the small ghost. He catches it with a gadget on his wrist.

Skulker: The element of surprise, the hunters best friend!

Skulker gets blasted in the chest by the Guys in White.

Skulker: And the hunted's worst enemy!

The men's plane flies closer, machines beeping.

Operative O: Decoy ghost liberated. What about the unfriendly?

Operative K: Any prey is good prey. Unleash white lightning sidewinders!

Skulker approaches the plane, shooting his own missiles at it. The plane dodges every missile. In turn, they shoot their own missiles at Skulker.

Skulker: Huh??

BLAM!!

Skulker: ARRGH!!

Operative K smiles and drives the plane above Skulker. Pressing a button, he activates a beam that captures the ghost, bringing Skulker up to the plane.

Skulker: What? I can't break free! Auto eject in 3...2...1!

Skulker watches the plane fly away.

Operative K: Target ghost obtained.

Operative O: True, but his suit is hard-wired. If we can access its database--

Operative K: It may help lead us to our primary objective... the punks known as Danny Phantom and Lady Luck.

The next day, we see (F/N), Paulina, Rosie, Danny, Sam and Tucker sitting at a booth in the Nasty Burger

Sam: Danny, if you're going to drool, would you mind not doing it over my tofu soy melt?

Danny is seen looking at Valerie fawning over her.

(F/N): It could make it taste better. *Eats her burger* I'm not much of a tofu fan but I can make some exceptions.

Paulina: Yeah and that'd be a huge improvement *hi fives (F/N)*

Rosie: *Meows and eats her burger*

Tucker: Drool on a tofu soy melt isn't drool; it's seasoning.

Sam moves her tray out of Danny's way.

(F/N): Won't it make the bread soggy?

Paulina: Yeah soggy bread is not good for a sandwich is no good.

Rosie: *Meows*.

Tucker: True, and seriously, Danny, you need to let go. It was over between you and Valerie before it really began. *Danny waves Valerie who was leaving*

(F/N): As much as I hate to admit it, he's kind of right Danny.

Paulina: Yeah you and Valerie were cute together but with her trying to kill you as Danny Phantom and you accidentally messing up her life, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Danny: I know, but it's not easy. I mean, do you guys realize what it's like to like somebody you can't be with?

Sam spits out her soda and looks over at Danny.