Chapter 59: Rad

Here in a vast open space we see a plumber ship crash land on a planet and the door is kicked open where we see Magister Arnux escorting the soldiers out.

Arnux: Hurry! *coughs*  We need to put distance between us and the ship's compromised power core. *coughs* And set up the beacon!

As the plumbers and Arnux went to set up the beacon the ship they were in fizzled and then exploded as Arnux saw this and took cover as we cut to a satellite seeing what was happening.

Arnux: Mayday! Mayday! *static*  This is Magister Arnux. *coughs* Incursean forces ambushed our… *static* we are stranded in...

*static*  ...system. *coughs* Atmosphere here is…*static* do not attempt rescue. * coughs* No Plumbers are safe in Incursean space. *static* Repeat, no Plumbers are safe ...

Meanwhile back on Earth we see everyone watching the last transmission from Magister Arnux.

Max: That was the last transmission from Magister Arnux and his recon team. We got a fix on their location. The beacon originated from

Terminus III.

(F/N): Yikes, that is not good.

Ben: Um, what's the big deal? We can be there in no time.

Rook: Besides the fact that it is located deep within Incursean Empire space, the air of Terminus III is one of the most toxic in the universe. Arnux and his squad will not survive for long. The atmosphere will eventually dissolve their rebreathers.

Paulina: And then they'll dissolve too.

Max: And there's only one known antidote to that poisonous atmosphere.

Blukic, Driba and (F/N): The Gracklflint.

Paulina: The what flint?

Ben: Of course. I had one of those last week.

Rook: It is a creature, Ben. Gracklflint venom has unusually curative powers ...

(F/N): But only when it's fresh.

Ben: Great. So where can you fresh Gracklflint venom at this hour?

We later see, Ben, Rook, Paulina, (F/N), Blukic and Driba in the lab with a Gracklflint in a cage gnawing on a plumber.

Blukic: You can sure find weird stuff

for sale in Undertown.

Driba: A Gracklflint is not weird ...

just atypical.

Blukic: Which is weird.

Driba: Honestly, Blukic, you should hear yourself sometimes.

Paulina: Well it is a little weird that someone would have a Gracklflint for sale.

Blukic: Thank you.

Rook: Magister Tennyson, Ben, (F/N), Paulina,  and I are ready to make the journey, but if no Plumber ship can get through the Incursean blockade…

Max: I've arranged some alternate transportation.

We later see the team in Undertown where we see Ben as Diamondhead dragging the caged Gracklflint with (F/N) and Paulina sitting on top of the cage and Rook looking at his tracker.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* *While dragging the box* This would go a lot quicker if somebody was helping! *To (F/N) and Paulina* And you two are just sitting around.

Paulina: Excuse you, we're not just sitting around. We're supervising.

Ben: *As Diamondhead* Sure keep telling yourselves that.