Chapter 42: The Ultimate Enemy

Here we fade into a shot of a rock surrounded by debris. A cockroach comes in from the left and begins to climb said rock. It twitches its antennae a little. Then it scurries on the back, unseen side of the rock and over some debris of a fallen wall a little farther away.

Zoom out and pan up to show more destroyed and fallen buildings, some still standing but in states of disrepair. The whole place looks deserted and desolate save for a small, blue domed force-field in the distance. As it generates itself, lightning strikes many times. Zoom in on the dome.

Fade to a top view of the dome. Inside is a bright, futuristic looking city. There are high-rises and huge man-made canyons within the dome. Surrounding it are many small towers appearing to generate the force field. Zoom in and rotate.

Fade to black. A yellow, flying car is seen passing from in front of the camera and swooping around a futuristic building, on it an electronic sign that reads "Amity Park" in big, white letters.

Pan right and down to more of the city. Three streams of aerial car traffic are going in various directions, with flying cars of varied colors like yellow, orange, Violet, and dark blue. Text is typed onto the screen. In big, white tech letters, it reads "AMITY PARK: THE FUTURE".

Cut to an aerial shot of a skywalk leading to a tall, white building. People walk to and from the place on the bridge.

Flying cars pass by underneath the bridge and far over it near the camera. Cut to the top of the blue force field dome. It generates to the apogee point. Some exceptionally tall buildings are seen coming close to it.

Pan down to reveal Casper High School, identical in all its over-a-century-old glory, save for the many futuristic buildings behind it. A yellow-orange car is parked with its wheels deployed and its door open vertically. Students hang out on the campus. One girl is running with her dog.

The car takes flight and hovers offscreen to the right. From the top-right of the screen, a jet surfboard with an older Valerie, complete with a crew cut, surfs calmly toward the camera. Pan down as she flies offscreen.

Two young children, a blonde girl with a small pigtail in the back wearing a pink lycra dress and a young boy with fudgy brown hair wearing a blue jumpsuit and white boots both run up on the sidewalk behind her, waving.

Kids: Hi!

We cut to Valerie, surfing past, looking down and smiling. She salutes with two fingers, then looks forward, surfing away from the camera, leaning back on the board as it charges with pink smoke, and blasts off.

We cut to a row of six force-field towers. Pan up as the small speck that is Valerie approaches a small balcony on the back of one.

Cut to the balcony. Pan down as Valerie powers down her board; takes it in one hand and lands on her feet. She sets her board on the guardrail and walks toward a panel. Cut to the panel, it has a huge X on it in blue.

Valerie's black-gloved hand with a communications watch on it opens it up. Inside, there are three bars, one yellow, one green, and one red.

All are fully illuminated. Zoom out and rotate to show Valerie observing it with her hand on the panel door. She raises her communications watch and pushes a button on it, looking down at it.

Valerie: Ghost shield tower...

Cut to the watch. Valerie's finger is on it. It's filled with static.

Valerie: ...100 percent operational.

On the watch, we see Mr. Gray's image resolve and he sits down. He's wearing a uniform and an eyepatch.

Mr. Gray: Great, sweetie. Let's check the last tower and get ba--