Four Hours and A Ton of Questions

"So, we have some time?" I watched him as we drove onto the highway.

"Yes. Four hours." Kai reassured me.

"Okay. First question." I smiled. He laughed and shook his head. He took my hand and didn't let go.

"Go ahead." Kai knew what was coming. The same questions. How old he was, what does blood taste like, animals, humans. How many people he killed. What famous people he met. Elvis was popular. He never met Elvis!

Kai, himself, was a famous person but not many people knew that. Those that did were afraid. Those that didn't know were afraid. He was scary and was happy that Gibbs didn't think so. He would never understand that. He even bit Gibbs. Kai didn't mean to and he still felt bad but turned on. He had to think about something else. Not the bite. He saw it in Gibbs' ear. Two white scars.

Focus!

I could feel the heat coming off of Kai. I didn't know what it was but it was sudden. "Kai, I could feel that, by the way!" I pointed out.

"What?" Kai looked confused.

"I don't know but I got a lot of heat coming from you. Suddenly. What happened?" I was curious. It happened a lot.

"Oh." He turned white and took a breath. "It was me. I remembered the desert and biting your ear. I started to feel bad, tried to but I got turned on. Then I saw the marks. The scars. Sorry."

I laughed and blushed. "Okay. Well." I cleared my throat. I had to settle down.

Stay away from that topic because I thought that was hot too. They turn me on every time I see them in the mirror!

Kai heard that and tried to let it go. He was attacking Gibbs later tonight. He couldn't wait.

I cleared my throat. "First question. What is your favorite color?"

Kai stopped and almost swerved into the other lane but corrected it. Gibbs never noticed. "What?"

I said it slower.

"Favorite color? Sorry. You threw me. I was expecting something different." He paused. "Blue, like the sky on a clear day or like your eyes. That is my exact favorite color."

"Nice answer." I smiled at him.

"It's true." Kai watched the road. "I would never lie to you, Gibbs." He promised.

I looked at our hands. No idea where he stopped and I began, we were so entwined. "I will try not to lie to you. I am trying to change. I was a liar before. I don't want to be." Kai smiled and shook his head. He loved how honest Gibbs was.

"What is your favorite color?" Kai asked.

"Purple. A deep dark purple. Like eggplant purple. I love that color." I smiled at his face.

"Are you serious?" Kai looked entertained.

"Yes. Why?" I was worried.

"That is the color of my room at the wolves house. It's eggplant purple. It's soothing. I'll show it to you but I can't promise I will let you leave." Kai threatened.

"I can't promise that I'll want to leave." I flirted back.

"Are you flirting with me?"Kai teased me.

"Yes." I smiled. He kissed the back of my hand. I loved the feel of his lips on my hand. I never had anyone kiss the back of my hand. I couldn't remember what we were doing. Oh, questions.

"How long have you known Alex? I only asked that because you seem really close. Like brothers, close." I was curious.

"I do think of him as a brother. I have known him for a little over a hundred years. Don't freak out!" Kai finished really fast. He didn't know what Gibbs would do. A hundred years was nothing to him but to Gibbs that was a long time.