"Nyx." Danny spoke and she came back to reality. "Are you okay?" He asked her as he placed his hands on her shoulders and moved back so he could look at her. Nyx swallowed as she looked down, trying to figure out if she was going to lie to him or not.

"No, Danny. I'm not okay." Nyx said quietly before she mustered the strength to look at him. "I'm scared. Oliver is alone with Damien." Danny's eyes changed to slightly afraid for a moment before he took a deep breath. He scootched closer to her and lowered his voice.

"I know." He said quietly with a sincere tone. "I'm scared too...but we just have to have faith that Oliver can hold him off. He told me to keep you safe, and I plan on doing just that." Danny said to her with a steadfast gaze. Nyx looked at him for a moment, she could feel her throat starting to burn. Danny saw her eyes start to mist with tears and his own face softened. "Come here." He uttered softly before he pulled Nyx into another hug. She cried softly into his shoulder, Danny's pulse quickened slightly. A moment of deja vu flowing through him as he slowly rubbed Nyx's back. Nyx struggled to keep her crying quiet so they wouldn't be discovered. They sat there for a while before Nyx had calmed down and finally gathered the strength to break the hug. "We need to go." Danny said to her as he held her back by the shoulders. Nyx nodded before they both stood up, Nyx brought up her hand and wiped her left eye with her knuckle. Danny smiled gently and exhaled a small laugh through his nose. He lifted his hand and used his thumb to wipe off her tears more effectively, he wiped his thumb on his shirt when he saw that Nyx's makeup had smeared onto it. For a split second, an impulsive thought invaded Danny's mind. The kind of stupid impulsive thought that, when you have it, makes you immediately feel horrible and guilty. His mind showed him stepping forward, cradling her head with his hand and softly kissing her. Guilt flowed into him before he cleared his throat and his posture radiated embarrassment. He averted his gaze to try and hide his face, which he assumed was flushed, considering how warm his cheeks felt. Nyx radiated slight embarrassment as well, most likely from breaking down in front of Danny, again. She cleared her throat as well before she reached for the door knob to leave the room. Danny gently held Nyx's wrist and stopped her hand.

"Let me." He said quietly as he guided Nyx back and he reached for the doorknob. He gently opened the door and peeked out. The coast was clear and he left the room and continued moving down the hallway. Nyx's Halloween costume caught on the doorknob for a moment, causing her to stop moving so she could unlatch herself. She turned around to catch up with Danny and she froze. Her heart racing immediately and she stared with frantic eyes.

It was just a wall. No Danny, no hallway, just a wall in her face. "Danny?!" She said urgently as she placed her palms against the wall and pushed, it was solid. Willow's dark laughter sounded quietly through the halls and Nyx remembered at that moment that this was a manufactured space. It was a Gift, she had forgotten that this space was built by someone's mind. Willow seized another opportunity and separated Danny and Nyx.

"Nyx!" Danny said with an equal sense of urgency as he slammed his fist against the wall a few times. Nyx could hear the thumping but couldn't hear Danny's voice. Danny lifted his fist to slam it into the wall again before he hesitated, he exhaled deeply as he gently planted his hand on the wall instead. The facts quickly flooded into his mind, they were separated, sitting here hitting the wall isn't going to help, and it sure as hell isn't going to help them find each other. Or Oliver. Danny took a step back with a deep breath. Nyx did the same but she took a few more deep breaths.

"Okay..." She whispered to herself as she shook her hands out slightly. She was alone now, that is just facts. No point moping about it, she had to focus, but she was faced with a dilemma. She could find Danny, or she could try to find Oliver. On one hand, Danny was also alone, with no Super Prediction. He had also just admitted to Nyx that he was scared. Although, Danny was by no means helpless. Oliver on the other hand...was alone with the devil himself. That was an easy choice, she had to find Oliver. She whipped around and moved down the hall to find her brother.