chapter 40{The kiss}

Dave and I had headed back home " Go upstairs and rest my love " Dave said and kissed my forehead.I ran upstairs and layed down, thinking about how to get the secret off my chest.

What can I do..... I thought to myself and moments later I heard the doorbell ring and then I heard it open.It got quiet and then I heard footsteps coming upstairs and to my surprise it was Eva.

" How are you Sophie? " She asked and hugged me " I'm fine... " I said and layed back down " So, what's new? " She asked looking hurt " Eva, what's wrong? " I asked and she looked up.

" What do you mean, I'm fine " she said smiling " No you're not, is there something you want to tell me? " I asked " N..no " she said innocently " Eva, c'mon we're friends, now you can tell me " I said.

" It's Rick... " she said, whipping away a tear that had fallen " What happened now? " I asked " He...He doesn't want me...he never has " she said crying now.

" That's not true...I remember the day before I died, he told me he actually loved you and he was happy " I said trying to cheer her up " Well, he told me that he still loves you " she said crying hysterically.

" Eva well, I'll try talking to him...that sound good? " I asked " No...it's better this way but thanks for listening to me Sophie it means a lot " she said and cried on my shoulder.

" Welcome " I replied while patting her back " Man, you must feel lucky Sophie " she said " Me, why? " I asked.

" Beacuse you attract all men, first-Dave....second-Rick....third-Joseph....fourth-Sebastian " she said " Whoa. what do you mean Sebastian? " I asked shocked.

" I forgot to tell you...Sebastian is coming after you and Evangeline, sorry I forgot I didn't tell you " she said " What!? " I yelled and Dave came into the room " How do you know this Eva? " Dave asked.

" I overheard him talking to someone else " she said scared " Hmph, I'll go talk to him tomorrow " Dave replied and left " He was listening the whole time " Eva said, turning to me wide eyed.

" Aaah yeaaaah " I said Kinda creeped out.We both shrugged it off when Dave came back in " Eva, do you mind staying with Sophie and Evangeline tonight? " He asked.

" Sure that would be great " she said happy " Just for double the protection, I'm calling Rick and Joseph over too...for protection " he said grabbing his phone.

" WHAT!? " Eva and me screamed in unison " Sorry Eva, but you and Rick need to sort things out and Sophie, Joseph and me get along now " Dave said like it was nothing.

Are you serious.....if only he knew what was going on with my feelings...I thought to myself while Eva was still staring at me in shock with her mouth open.

3 hours later...
Rick and Joseph had arrived " Hey Sophie! " Rick yelled and hugged me
" Hey Rick " I said and hugged him back.Joseph came in behind him " Good afternoon, Mrs.Hathaway " Joseph said and kissed my hand.

" Joseph, if it hurts you....you don't have to call me that " I said and hugged him tightly " Sophie....do you remember? " He asked " Yeah...I do " I said wanting to cry " You still like me " he said smiling widely at me.

" shhh " I whispered " I understand " he said and walked in happily.

Hours later...
We were all talking and it was as if every single worry was gone....except where Dave had gone " So Sophie, are you excited about your vacation? " Rick asked breaking me from my thoughts.

" Uhh, what vacation? " I asked " Oh, sorry, I thought Dave had told you already " he said " It's okay.. " I said and looked at Joseph, who looked jealous " I know we're grown but lets play truth or dare " Eva said.

" I'll grab the beer! " Rick yelled and headed for the fridge " Rick!! " I yelled " What? " He asked annoyed " Evangeline's here, we can't drink " I reminded him.

" I know, which is why Joseph, Eva, and me are going to drink " he said pointing to the three of them.I looked at the baby monitor and saw Evangeline was still asleep.

After a few games Joseph, Eva, and Rick were pretty drunk, so much for protection." Alright, Sophie your turn " Rick said " Okay, truth or dare? " I asked him.

" Dare! " He finally yelled.I immediately thought of a good dare " Okay...Rick I dare you too kiss Eva " I said evily and he just started to blush but after a few moments, they kissed " Okay, Eva your turn " I said.

" I dare you and Joseph to kiss " she said with a smirk.Soon enough Joseph leaned into me and kissed me roughly like his life depended on it " Done! " I screamed pulling away and remembered Dave.

I scratched my neck and yawned " I'm going to bed guys, night " I said and headed upstairs.I sure hope Dave doesn't find out.