chapter 30{nothing's the same}

Rick's pov
What can we do to save Sophie you ask?....absolutely nothing,there's no way she can survive this.I feel bad for Dave,he's slowly becoming into a nightmare after the fight they had two days ago.

Even Sophie doesn't want to see him and I'm scared she won't want Dave near her when it's time for her to give birth.

Dave told me that if that's what she wanted,then I have to be present in the birth,since I'm Sophie's second soulmate but I can't let that happen because I'm not the father and it would just be plain disrespectful to our generation.

I walked in to see Sophie " How you doing? " I asked her " Better, just a bit more pain, help me sit up? " She asked and I supported her back " So how's the baby? " I asked " She's really strong and energetic " she replied with a smile.

" Sophie, you and Dave have gone through a lot just give him another shot, I know he reacted crazy but you gotta understand what he's going through sacrificing you for something truly painful " I explained but she just rolled her eyes.

" Rick....to be honest I don't think he's really in love with me, I think it's just because he has to be with me but not for love... " she said sounding more depressed than ever " But he does love you Sophie " I said.

" I don't think so...he's right though if I just kept rejecting and rejecting his declarations of love then we wouldn't be going through this at all " she said " Do you want him? " I asked "......Yes but the again no " she said and started crying and I just hugged her.

" So sorry you have to go through this....do you want me to stay with you today? " I asked her while rubbing her back " You'd do that? " She said weakly " Yeah because then again I really like you too " I said with a wink.

" Alright...thanks Rick " she smiled and we spent the whole day just watching movies and laying down on her bed.I really felt bad for them.

Eva's pov
I really hate seeing both Sophie and Dave going through this but what can I do? I walked with Dave on the beach " What do you think she's doing? " He asked me " Rick's with her so they're probably just talking " I said.

" Rick? " He said and stopped dead on his tracks " Yeah, why? " I asked curious " OF COURSE..THAT SON OF A BITCH IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS SO HE CAN GET CLOSE TO HER!!! " he yelled.That's it I've had enough of this.

" Dave are you kidding me right now....you'd think my husband would be thinking of that right now, jesus christ he's just trying to help! " I screamed "....you're right, I'm sorry Eva " he said but I didn't buy it this time.

I just slapped his hand away " Dave this whole time you've been selfish just thinking that you're going to be alone and that you have no soulmate and Rick is trying to help you because you were too stupid to freaking yell at Sophie ignoring the way she's feeling for having you're baby and can't spend time with you and the baby because after giving birth she's dying and feeling horrible for not seeing her family because of you! Do you think everything revolves around you...no think about your family because that's what you have now a family,Sophie and the baby are you're family Dave!!! " I yelled but he just stayed quiet.

" It's the truth Dave...." I whispered " I'm going to change...thank you Eva " he said and hugged me.We just sat there on the sand,looking at the sunset.