chapter 8 [CAUGHT IN THE ACT]

I woke up to the sound of my mom screaming at my dad in Spanish" why the he'll didn't you call the cops!"she yelled"because it wasn't that big of a deal! "He yelled back"it wasn't that big of a deal!?what would you do if they got in the house and Sophie was in here all by herself!"she said.I got up frightened I stepped out and went to their room"what's...what's going on?"I said"nothing sweetie,sorry we woke you up"she said calmly rubbing my back."she should know what happened"my dad said"c'mon guys tell me..."I told them with a confused look on my face"some guys beat up your dad"my mom said"Oh my God,are you alright dad?"I asked him trying to look at his face"yes,honey I'm fine"he said. Of course I didn't believe him,I mean he had a reason why he didn't want to show his face"turn around"my mom said a bit angry but not at my dad but on those guys who beat him up.He did turn around and I saw he had a bloody tissue on his left nostril and a swollen eye and his face was all red"Wh...What happened I mean how....did this happen?"I said"I was going to go get the mail,when I suddenly see two figures walking towards me and I felt a pain in my head,I just remember your mother screaming when she found me,they just took...my wallet"he said"Oh no,let me go get you some ice dad"I said and headed downstairs. My mother followed behind"I can't believe it,who could've done this?"she said as I grabbed some ice and put it in a plastic bag"I don't know either mom but what I don't get is why would dad be checking the mail at 4:27am?"I said confused all of a sudden.My mom also agreed"let's go ask.."she said"Okay c'mon" I said as we started running upstairs"here dad let me put this on your eye"I said"Hey dad can I ask you something?"I asked"sure what is it honey"he said"why would you be checking the mail at 4 in the morning?"I asked"I was expecting your mother's new tablet"he said and I remembered that he did order my mom a tablet"Oh okay"was all I said.I went back to sleep because who would want to waste two hours of beautiful sleep?...I woke up and got my jeans and a black v-neck and put my brown cardigan on with my boots and grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. I didn't see anyone so I figured they were still sleeping so I just skipped breakfast because I too have woken up late,I didn't even think about breakfast and headed to school.I got there and saw Leah arguing with some other girl I got out and headed towards them"back off him,he doesn't like you!"Leah screamed,oh great a fight over something useless. "I don't care if he likes someone else I still like Will and he still likes me as well!"the brunette said although she looked familiar"well here comes Will's new crush!"Leah said and pointed at me"hmmm not bad I guess but I'm still better!"she said"umm....Leah? Care to explain?"I said to her ignoring the brunette,that's when I noticed a group of teenagers crowding over us thinking there was going to be a fight"well glad you asked Sophie I think we haven't met my name i---"she was cut off by Leah"Bitch?!"Leah said with a grin"Leah cool it"I said in a warning voice"As I was saying my name's Cynthia Spencer" she said as she held out her hand.I didn't take it and left her hanging,she put her hand down after a while and said"well okay a bit rude on the first meeting I see" "I guess so"I said"so what's this about Will?"I asked her"well as you may or may not know,I'm Will's ex-girlfriend"she said with a big smile,like I cared"Okay what does that have to do with me?"I asked looking back at Leah"The thing is my dear Sophie haha is that I still love Will and well let's just say a little Sophia stepped in the way and I want you to back off--"this time I cut her off "first of all I don't care who you are or what you're trying to do second of all I don't like Will and if he likes me that's his problem and third of all I don't care whatever you want to do but don't bring me into your bullshit!understood?!"I screamed in her face.she looked like she was about to slap me when luckily Mr.Hathaway walked in and pushed her away"Don't touch me Mr.Hathaway! I can sue you!my father's a lawyer!"she screamed in his face and now I got real angry because she screamed at him "Nobody fucking cares about your rich daddy I mean it's not like he's always going to be looking out after you except when he finds out you were such a slut and he doesn't want his name ruined because his little spoilt daughter is pregnant of some boy she barely even knows!"I said and regretted it because that was a secret between me and Leah and I just said it aloud.She looked Like she was caught doing something so wrong and started crying and ran off....why did I do that,that was so mean of me"looks like you didn't need support at all"Mr.Hathaway said laughing.Which only made me smile and then Will walked up to me"whoa that was a very good comeback" he said and hugged me"Okay,that's enough touching"Mr.Hathaway said as he pushed him lightly away from me"whoa overprotective teacher I see"Will said"have to be"Mr.Hathaway said"NOW EVERYONE LETS GET TO CLASS!"he screamed at the group standing around us"and you come with me don't worry I'll write you a pass"Mr.Hathaway said as grabbed me by the arm.I looked back only to see a confused look on both Leah's and Will's face..when we got to his class I found out he had this class period off "so where did we leave off last night?" he said as he leaned into me"right here"I said as I grabbed his face and pulled it towards mine.I didn't think,I just kissed him because I had to admit I missed his kisses" I love you Sophie" he said between kisses" I love you too Mr--"he cut me off "Dave it's Dave okay?"he said"I love you..Dave.."and we kept kissing.Until Leah walked in.We stared in shock and all Leah said was"I knew....that there was something between you too"and she started laughing"what's so funny?"I asked getting down from his desk I'd just been laying on"you should've seen Your faces!"and she kept laughing"I should've said something like you're fired or you're expelled!"she said"wait so are you okay with us?"Dave began"Yeah totally it's normal for teachers and students to be in a relationship at the end of high school. ...in my head"she said pointing to her head"Okay I guess I should let you too finish haha!"she said"No actually I think we're done here"I said"wait what do you mean?"Dave asked"because what if it's not Leah who walks in on us next time?"I said"Yeah you're right" he said" yeah get a room as in tonight haha!"Leah said jokingly"you cannot speak about this to anybody please Leah" I said"Don't worry your dirty little secret will be safe with me and even the ones that are to come haha!"she said and I pushed her out the door playfully"later Mr.Hathaway" I said and winked at him"later,Sophie" he said and smiled.