chapter 33{All about Evangeline}

Rick's pov
I can't believe Eva begged me to stay with her after what she did.I know it's really harsh for me to think this but I think Dave's just paying for what he did to Sophie....no how could I think such thing.

I really miss her though, her laugh, her smile, her eyes, the way she always tried to help and now we've lost her.I looked down at Evangeline but the thing is she looks a lot more like Dave than Sophie.

She kept staring at me like she felt bad because I was crying, just...like..Sophie would.She will most likely be like her mom " Hey don't worry about me....you're so cute " I said as I hugged her to my chest.

I kept cradling her until she fell asleep, then I took her to her nursery and placed her in the crib and I decided to sleep next to her so I grabbed a reclining sofa and put it next to the crib and tried to go to sleep.

2 hours later...
Dave came in " What's up? " I asked him " Just came to check on my daughter " he said sounding more depressed than ever " She's asleep " I said.He got closer and looked at her and smiled a little.

" It's not her fault " he whispered " Of course not, she didn't ask to be here...but she's really cute right? " I whispered back " Yeah...just like her mother " he said " Well, actually I was thinking she looked more like you " I laughed a little.

He tilted his head to the side " Oh yeah hmph " he laughed " But she acts like Sophie " I added " That's perfect " he replied.He reached gently into the crib and caressed her little face and whispered.

" Evangeline Sophia Hathaway, how's that sound? " He asked me " Like you said, perfect " I said while patting his back.After a while he went and grabbed another sofa and brought it infront of me.

" We'll both look after her tonight " he said and I just nodded but before he went to sleep " Hey Dave " I said " What? " He replied " If you loved Sophie so much, why did you sleep with Eva? " I asked.