Chapter 55: Voices of delight.

Chaeyoung was starting to think that you were not fully awake yet so her attitude quickly changed so she started smiling again.

But the truth is that you just disappointed her and she could not help but to feel a bit heartbroken.

She gave no more signs of annoyance and she fixed her hair and her clothes, trying to appear like nothing happened.

"Okay... don't bother me at work today." she said lightly and without thinking much. She finally started to walk towards the entrance as she waved you one final goodbye. You watched as she entered the company and you started driving to work.

Chaeyoung's pov

I was walking inside the building now and I was feeling a bit sad at what happened in the car. I also, started to reflect if maybe I had been too hard with you but I just wanted your attention.

I then put a smile on and I continued walking towards the practice room. I did not want anyone to see me in this mood. After a few minutes I arrived and I started stretching before getting ready to dance.

Then the door opened and Jihyo came in. "Chaeyoung I've been looking for you..." Jihyo said breathless like she was running.

I was in the middle of the stretch so the movement of the door opening made me look at it and as I realized who it was I tried to maintain my smile.

"Jihyo... What's up?" I said softly as I stopped my stretch to hear what she had to tell me.

I was not expecting that Jihyo would come to find me just like that and I was curious at what she had to say.

"Nayeon, Jeongyeon and me were looking for you all over the company.." Jihyo started and sat down on the floor to catch her breath. "Jeongyeon told me that Y/N's birthday is in some days.. so we decided to throw a party in surprise or something and since you're her girlfriend we wanted to have your permission first.." Jihyo explained.

I was shocked to hear this right now and I could not help but to look at Jihyo with a surprised face. "Wait... wait, wait, wait... Jeongyeon wants to throw a party for Y/N's birthday?" I asked calmly but I was trying to hide my excitement of this news.

I then laughed a bit and I looked away as I was holding my hands together. "This is amazing, yes! Please do it. I will help you guys, I don't want her to know anything about this." I replied softly.

As Jihyo was about to leave the practice room she turned around and said, "Is everything between you and Y/N alright?" she asked unexpectedly.

Once I heard the question of Jihyo I stopped on my track and I was now looking at her in the eye with confusion.

"Why do you think that there is something wrong?" I asked softly while tilting my head to the left.

"Everything is fine, of course... she is my girlfriend and I love her, why did you think there was something wrong?" I said as I got a little bit annoyed but quickly put that aside, I just wanted to know what Jihyo was talking about.

"I dont know.. My manager saw you getting out of her car upset today.." Jihyo explained to me and that made sense now. It wasn't a fight, I was just annoyed by the fact that you replied to me dryly.

"You mean in the morning? No... that was nothing special, I was just mad for something that you won't understand." I replied calmly and then I continued without thinking about it too much, I just wanted to change the topic now.

"But, yes, everything between Y/N and me is really okay and everything is going well." I added quickly as I turned around and left the practice room with Jihyo.