Chapter 4: Look at me.

A month later

You and Momo had moved out next to Tzuyu's and Chaeyoung's apartment making you neighbours. It was late at night and you decided to let Momo sleep and get out to the balcony. You sat down on a chair and took out a pack of cigarettes to do.

Minding your own business, you checked the news on your phone while taking a puff of your cigarette.

Chaeyoung in the other side looked at the sky and the clouds. She felt this sense of emptiness once again. She couldn't sleep tonight, she was up thinking about you and her.

She was still in her bed, looking through her phone with a sad expression until she noticed someone in the balcony. it seemed like you.

She walked to her balcony and saw you right there, looking at your phone. She stayed quiet. hoping that maybe you didn't notice her, yet.

You continued to watch some videos and stuff on your phone when you heard a loud noise coming from behind you. "What the heck?!" you said confused and looked at the balcony next to yours which was Chaeyoung's and Tzuyu's. You slowly got up approaching their balcony that was somehow connected to yours and just a small wall was separating your from theirs.

The moment you looked at her was the moment she realized that she might've messed up. If you saw her like this, you would probably call her crazy.

Maybe she should've just sat in her room instead of stalking you. She covered herself behind the wall and stayed still on the floor, hoping that maybe you didn't see her. If you saw her she don't know what you would've done or even said to her right now.

"What are you doing this late out?" you asked calmly while smoking. You looked over the wall and saw her on the floor sitting down trying to hide from you.

She felt her heart beating fast against her chest as she heard you speak to her. She wasn't expecting you to talk to her at all tonight. She didn't know what to say. So she just remained still.

It was awkward, you were standing up while she remained in this position, hiding her face from you. Her mind was full of thoughts once more about you two.

At this moment, she felt embarrassed like you were going to call her insane just for being here.

You stared at her not knowing what to do or say but at the other side you didn't wanna make her feel bad even if she was insane. You climbed the wall and got in to her balcony helping her stand up on her feet.

"Come on you should go inside.. Tzuyu is probably-" you were about to finish when Chaeyoung shushed you with her finger. You were too close for comfort in this position, looking directly at each others eyes.

The moment you were about to mention Tzuyu's name, she immediately shushed you. She didn't want to hear anything about her and your girlfriend.

"Thank you." she looked down at the ground. She didn't want to meet your eyes again, it made her nervous and even more embarrassed.

"Chaeyoung at least tell me the reason you are out this late..." you mouthed so either Momo or Tzuyu could hear you two talking.

She looked at you with wide eyes. She felt surprised once more. Why were you so concerned about her and what she does?

"I- um- I didn't sleep. I felt like coming out here because I feel at peace." she lied to you and looked at the sky once more. She was still avoiding eye contact from you, and her eyes were a little bit watery as she lied to you. She wanted to tell you the truth but it would just make this situation worse.

You placed your hand on her cheek making her look at you. "Please.. look at me and tell me the truth Chaeyoung.." you muttered still holding her close to you. You could feel your own heartbeat increasing. You didn't know what was happening to you either. Why was your heart fluttering all of a sudden the same way it did 7 years ago.

She couldn't believe she was being touched by you again. Her body was feeling a bit light as well as her heart. She felt like dancing, laughing, crying maybe it was because of the fact that she wasn't over you yet. Her eyes were watery, she was almost trying to fight back tears. She felt like running, she wanted this moment to be gone for good.

"I wanted to see you.." she whispered, the lie made it worse. Her eyes were tearing up a little more.

You laughed softly and wrapped your hands around her head pulling her closer to your chest for a hug as you rested your chin to her head. "You didn't have to lie about it in the first place.." you mouthed in the most soft and sweet voice you could ever have. Your heart was pounding due to the physical touch and Chaeyoung could definitely hear it.

This moment it felt like a dream. She couldn't believe you were actually here for her. She couldn't believe that you held her so closely this time.

She put her arms around your back, your body was warm.. but your heart felt even warmer to her. She felt more connected to you now, she didn't want you go this time.

"I know.." she sighed, "I didn't want you to see me like this." she stayed in this hug for a few moments while smelling your cologne, it was comforting.

"It's okay.." you replied quietly while stroking her hair, the was no reason why you did this it just came naturally. You started experiencing all the feelings you felt 7 years ago, before your break up, when everything was alright between you two.

"Thank you.." she put her head on your chest as she started to feel the tears run down her face. You were like a guardian angel to her at this moment. She felt safe and connected to you, she couldn't explain it but you were there for her even after your breakup, after years of being apart.

She tried to wipe away the tears that dropped from her cheeks, she knew you would see them soon enough. She wished for time to stop right at this moment, so she could stay with you forever like this.

You noticed her tears and smiled a bit before bending down to be on the same height as her wiping her tears without saying a word.

"Why are you crying?" you broke the silence after a bit still cupping her face in your palms with your thumbs wiping the tears away again and again.

This was weird, you were never that soft with her when you were dating. She didn't know what was happening right now and why you cared so much about her crying.

She felt so comfortable, your hands were warm on her skin and your voice was so calming too. She couldn't speak right now for some reason, you saw right through her every time.

She just shook her head slowly while looking at you, "I- don't know why.." she sighed.

"Oh come on.. you know you can't lie to me I know you too well.." you whispered honestly, your tone still sweet letting her know that you weren't judging her nor wanting her to feel uncomfortable with your presence.

She felt a warm smile come across her face. The way you knew that she was lying to you this time was a bit adorable to her. She wanted to tell you the truth but her heart said otherwise. She thought about it for a bit before speaking up.

"I still have feelings for you.." she looked up at you and finally dared to say what she actually felt right now. You were her soulmate and you always will be. "I just wanted to see you tonight."

"I know.. I can tell." you stated straightened your body but still keeping your hands on her cheeks. You looked around to see if Momo or Tzuyu had woken up but gladly no one was hearing you two.

The silence that was around you right now was calming. She felt relaxed as she stayed in your arms. She put her hands on your chest and hugged you tightly, maybe too tightly but she really didn't mind it.

She closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and looking at you. "Do you have feelings for me still?" she looked at you in the eyes, hoping you had the answers she wanted to hear.

————————————————

Hellooo I just wanted to mention something that I forgot to do in the previous. So as y'all noticed the chapters have twice's songs. You can hear them while reading the chapters. You can recommend me your favourite twice song if you wanna hear it in the next chapter!!