Chapter 10: Pieces of love.

After you ate your breakfast you had to get prepared for work. You walked in the room changing to your good clothes today you had to go to the court for the case you were working on.

You put on your good clothes and decided not to put a tie on and just have your hair in a height ponytail. "Is it alright?" you asked her while showing your outfit to her.

She nodded her head slowly as she was looking at you, she couldn't take her eyes off you. Your outfit was simple but elegant, this made your beauty even more appealing for her.

"You're looking so pretty and mature in that outfit. but please don't overwork yourself, I don't want something to happen to you.." she said while caressing your cheek.

You smiled warmly and bowed at her, "Thank you.. I won't don't worry.." you muttered under your breath and took your bag almost ready to leave for work. You knew that this case was a real pain in your ass but you had to work hard to get what you wanted.

You had overworked yourself many times this days and it was like you didn't really cared about your health just putting a fake smile on and continuing.

She was worried, you were just getting back together after a long time and she didn't want to lose you again. Work was important and that case was a big deal for you, but she didn't want you to work this hard.

"Take care of yourself for me, okay? please.." she said while hugging you and kissing your cheek again. She was being over protective right now, but she felt like she needed to protect you. "Love you.." she whispered.

"I love you too.." you replied with a smile patting her head before leaving for work.

She couldn't take her eyes off you, she wanted you to not go.

She stood there watching you as you walked towards the door and slowly closed it, then she went back to her room and laid down on her bed while listening through her headphones and thinking about you over and over again. She couldn't stop thinking about you, even after minutes of you leaving.

Time skip

The case was going well but it was definitely not over. It was already 10 at night and you found yourself sitting on a bench in the nearest park to have cigarette. Your phone buzzed and immediately picked it up. "Hello?" you said.

"Hey.." she was feeling nervous while speaking. You were working hard on the case and she really hoped that you weren't working too hard.

You might get home in hours, but she already missed you and that made her feel more nervous.

"How is the case going? Is anything new happening?" she asked while you heard her voice breaking. She was worried about you, about your health and even more about your feelings. "You have no idea how much I missed you after all this time." she said gently.

You sighed softly before speaking again, "I know love and I miss you too but I can't leave till the judges tell me to.." you mouthed, she could hear the disappointment in your tone and how exhausted you were.

Her heart was feeling heavy, this case was important for you but it's also draining you. The fact that you couldn't leave the courts and the judges told you to stay made her feel really worried and she felt bad now.

A few tears started falling slowly from her cheeks and she didn't want to cry in front of you like this so she did while you were away.

"Don't worry, I'll wait for you. Take all the time you need, do what you have to do. I mean.. I waited years for you.. what can a few hours do?" she said as she tried to wipe her tears.