Chapter 41: Stronger.

Time skip (a week later)

The court was delayed for this week since Lee Donghun was missing with whole week but the NYDP found him and arrested him. In the court was you and Sana along with the daughter. David had woken up from his coma but he wasn't able to be there due to his condition.

"Do you think we can do this?" you asked Sana once it was break time. You two walked out of the court to get some fresh air because you were there since 9am and now it was 6pm.

"Yes, absolutely. I think the evidence against him is strong enough." Sana said as she leaned back against the wall of the courthouse. It had been a long day and you both were exhausted from being in court for hours now.

"We have a lot of evidence against him and in my opinion it seems like he's guilty." Sana added. The evidence showed that Lee Donghun was involved in the attack of David Doe but why did he do it?

"The judge should make this a swift trail. It's obvious that Lee Donghun is guilty." Sana said.

"Yeah but still his lawyer is very good. Miyeon though.. she's been quiet ever since Donghun came in, she doesn't even look at him it's like she's upset or mad at him. Like... their plan was ruined." you said looking up at the sky and nodded. That's when it hit you, that Miyeon might have an affair with Donghun and that's why they wanted to get David out of their way.

"It is possible that Miyeon and Lee Donghun had something going on when they worked together." Sana said as she thought about the affair that was possibly between the two of them. It was a possible explanation for why Miyeon was acting so strange about this whole situation.

Sana looked at you and then looked back at Miyeon who was sitting calmly in her seat like there was nothing to worry about. Could Miyeon be covering up for him?

"Miyeon will be called in the next session. Lets see what she has to say under oath." Sana said softly.

"Let's go back inside and see." you stated getting ready for Miyeon to make her speech or whatever lies she had to say about the incident.

You both walked back inside the courtroom and took your seats as the last session of the trial started.

Miyeon got called to the stand and she walked over to it with a calm expression on her face. She wasn't nervous at all, it was like she was about to tell the truth.

The judge looked at Miyeon and then he said, "Miyeon, please take the stand."

Miyeon looked at everyone and then started speaking. "I am the one who planned the murder of Mr. David Doe." Miyeon said calmly.

"What?!" you said surprised raising your eyebrows in shock as you looked at Sana to see if you heard the same. That was definitely unexpected. That meant that you won the case.

Sana looked just as surprised as you. It felt like Miyeon was about to say she didn't have anything to do with the murder but instead she admitted it.

The judge looked at Miyeon with a serious expression on his face. "You are admitting to the planning of the murder of Mr. David Doe?" he asked.

Miyeon nodded and said, "Yes, I am." She didn't say anything else. She was not trying to get out of the situation and admitted to her guilt right away.

After the court

"Sana! Sana wait!" you yelled as you ran from behind to reach her. Once you did you placed your hands on your knees trying to catch your breath. "Wanna go for dinner? I mean it's our last night here in New York so let's just celebrate our win before flying back to Korea." you suggested.